Childhood Friend

His fingers brushed through her thin blonde hair easily

His fingers brushed through her thin blonde hair easily. She didn't flinch. Christine turned to find her angel crouched down. His black cloak flowed to the floor behind him. He had been waiting for her to notice him. He smiled when she turned to look at him. The visible part of his face was glistening in the candlelight. His eyes gleamed with joy, an emotion she hadn't seen so present in them before.

"How did I do master?" Christine asked, anxiously. His face was motionless for a moment until he grinned, allowing her to breathe and realize she wouldn't hear any criticism.

"Beautifully, Christine. I have never heard a voice..." his confidence seemed shaken all the sudden. Christine's brows furrowed in confusion.
While he spoke his eyes intently rested on her beautiful appearance.
"...more lovely than yours. Even heavens symphony cannot compete with the grandeur of your musical ability. Your father is surely proud," he finished.

"Thank you, Angel, if I may ask, was he was watching tonight?"

"Of course! He was delighted and very honored by your performance, Christine. You have done exceedingly well."

Christine turned to her father's picture and silently whispered a thank you. She was thankful for his provision, his love, and sending her the angel of music. He had become a good friend and confidant, not to mention guardian, teacher, and secretly an object of her affection, which she couldn't quite work out yet.

"I want to take you somewhere special, Christine," her angel requested, bringing her attention back on him; he was now standing above her.

"Right now?"

"Yes, dear child," the angel held out his hand to help her from the floor. She accepted and stood with the help of his weighted grip pulling her up gently. Her blood pulsed. His touch no matter how light and plain caused her body to react.

" I would love to go anywhere you wish me to go with you, but I must change and receive any mentionable guests from the audience."

"Of course, I apologize, there's surely many to commend you on such a triumphant performance. Go, and later I will come and find you," her master replied without hesitation.

"Are you certain?"

"Quite certain, dearest girl," he said, his blue eyes sparkling with favor.

"Thank you, I will see you soon then".

"Indeed."