Some Unexpected News

The air was stuffy in the upstairs bedroom suite

The air was stuffy in the upstairs bedroom suite. Christine nervously twiddled her fingers. The Madame personally escorted her to the office in the modernly styled bedroom they all shared together. She had never been in the office before. It had always remained closed and unnoticed. Madame Giry stopped in front of it and drug a key from her petticoat and unlocked the door. Immediately the smell of ancient literature rushed out from the rarely opened space. There was a full library behind the small office desk and wooden chair.

"Sit please," Mrs.Giry commanded.

"Yes, Ma'am."

She sat and then continued, "Do you know why I have chosen to speak with you privately."

Christine lifted her head to address her keeper, "No ma'am I am not exactly sure but I suppose it might have to do with what I was telling you and Meg about at breakfast."

"That's correct. You see what I must tell you is something you must keep a secret as well."

"Yes?"

"I know whom your teacher is."

"You do?" Christine sat up taller, alarmed by her the madames remark.

"How is that possible he is very private."

"He appeared to me one day when I was alone in the ballet hall before you had ever come here as a performer."

Christine brows furrowed in confusion.

"You see the Angel of Music has watched you for some time, when your father became ill. When I saw him I was so frightened, but he made it clear he was Angel and not an evil spirit."

"You mean you saw him? In his human form?"

"Yes, Christine," She replied shaking her head up and down only once.

Christine's mouth dropped open.

"What does he look like?"

" He wears a full mask to conceal the vibrancy of his heavenly glow. Only his lips and eyes are visible."

"Why does he not show himself to me?" Christine sadly wondered out loud.

"You are very special to him. "He wants to show himself when the time is ready. When you are ready. When he has done all that he can to coach your voice and protect you it will be then he will let you see him. For now, you must be content with that."

"I must be," she agreed noticeably discontent.