Chapter 16

The next few months flew by, Christmas was just around the corner. Elizabeth and I were going strong. She had moved a few of her things into my apartment, mainly clothes and toiletries. She also seemed to be happier now that her brother had been out of the picture, for now. I found myself dreading the day he got out because it was going to make her sad. I hated to see her sad but if her happiness meant me having to pay for an extended stay, I would. I wandered the jewelry department, trying to find Elizabeth's gift. I had already bought something for my sisters and mother. My birthday was tomorrow and my mother had been badgering me for the last few weeks about my trust. I still hadn't decided what I was going to do with half a million dollars. Now that I was on Christmas break for school, I also had more time with Elizabeth. I had aced my finals and most of my classes. Elizabeth had wanted to take me out tonight to celebrate. It was a little after five, she had said to be ready by seven. So I was trying to hurry and find her gift so I can get back to the apartment and get ready. Then, I saw it. It sparkled under the light as I took it off the holder. It was a gold charm bracelet with a book, ice skates and a bow. I brought it up to the register as the clerk made small talk. I thanked her as she wrapped and put the bracelet in a smaller box. As I walked out of the store, I was slightly excited for her to open her gift. Maybe I'd give it to her today and buy her something different?

A few hours later, Elizabeth and I were in a cab heading up town to a restaurant on the north side. She told me about her day as we pulled up to the restaurant. I slid out, holding my hand out so she didn't slip on the newly laid snow. She smiled as I shut the door, tucking her arm in mine as we walked up the sidewalk towards the fine eatery. The instant smell of fresh sushi filled my nostrils, making my mouth water.

"I hope you like it, I know you said you like sushi." She smiled up at me.

"I love it, thank you for bringing me here." I say as the waiter brought us to our table. We sat down, glancing over the menu. I stared at her secretly from the top of the menu, watching her nibble her plump bottom lip. She must've felt me staring, looking up at me. My eyes darted back to the menu, smiling widely.

"Am I distracting you?" She asks, taking a sip of her Saki. I cleared my throat, trying to hide my smile again.

"Maybe just a little, but not a bad distraction, a good one." I smirk, keeping my eyes on hers. She blushed, her cheeks turning a rosy red. The waiter came back to the table taking our order and menus.

"You're so silly, but I like that I'm a good distraction. So, I know you had said you wanted me to meet your family. Are you sure? We could wait until after the holidays." She said nervously, fumbling with her hands. I took a sip of my Saki, shaking my head.

"No, we've been dating for three months. I think it's time you met them." I say, rubbing her nervous hands.

"I am just nervous, that's all. What if they don't like me?" She asked as her eyes saddened.

"If I like you, they will. No need to worry about that right now Queen. We will worry about that this weekend." I say reassuringly, smiling softly at her. Her shoulders relaxed a little as she sipped her Saki again.

"Okay, thank you for easing my mind."

"There's no need to worry, everything will be fine. Shit, I haven't seen my parents since the beginning of summer. I should be the one who's nervous." She smiled again, rubbing my hand.

"So, your birthday is tomorrow! Are you excited, twenty-six how does that feel?"

"Honestly, it's just another day that I want to be over." I shrug as she scowls at me.

"You're definitely too young to think like that. I think you should let me come over and cook you dinner at least." She smirked, her eyes fixated on my mouth.

"Oh just dinner?" She blushed, her smile widening.

"What else did you have in mind?" I shrug, playing off like I didn't want to take her in the playroom and have my way with her. She blushed again as the waiter came out with our food, placing our plates in front of each of us.

"Whatever you want to do, I'll do it." She said, before taking a bite of food. I smirk, placing my napkin in my lap. Good girl.

After dinner we headed back to the condos. I weaved through the city traffic quickly. I pulled into the garage and parked in my spot, hopping down and walking over to her door. I opened her door, grabbing her hand to help her down.

"Did you want to come in for a night cap?" I asked as I watched her step down from my truck. Her purple turtleneck hugging her curvaceous body.

"Definitely." She smirked as I closed her door. We walked to the elevator, our hands entangled in each other. She smiled up at me as the elevator doors opened.

"Do I have your permission to take you to my playroom?" I say as my husky voice deepened. Her face reddened and I instantly felt stupid for even asking. I started to say something and she put her finger to my lips.

"Yes." She said, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear shyly. The elevator opened to my floor and I took her hand, leading her down the hallway. I pushed the code into my door, letting Elizabeth enter first. Gage jumped up and licked her face. She giggled, rubbing his ears and giving him kisses.

"Gage down, it's my turn." I say, scooping her up in my arms and throwing her over my shoulder. She let out a soft yelp, chuckling as I walked down my hallway with her over my shoulder. I pulled a book on the bookshelf in my hallway and it slid to the side revealing a secret entrance. I typed the code into the door, pushing it open. I entered the fully furnished room and set her down. She looked around, a black leather sofa sat in the middle of the room. I also had an oversized bed frame with a metal canopy. I added a few metal bars, attaching chains with handcuffs to them. The headboard was a diamond shaped metal and I had handcuffs already attached to them as well. Her eyes scanned everything as she nervously twirled her fingers together.

"Are you okay?" I asked, walking over to the bar in the corner of the room and pouring a few drinks.

"Yes." She said shyly, grabbing her drink as I handed it to her. She took a small sip, looking over the room.