Chapter 8

When Saturday finally arrived, I adjusted my suit, tighten my tie. I spun in the mirror, winking at myself as Gage laid on the bed.

"Wish me luck buddy." I say, rubbing behind his ears before I grabbed my wallet and keys from the dresser. I opened my front door, putting the numbers in the keypad to lock it. I turned on my heel, walking confidently to the elevator, hitting the down button. My nerves had settled once the door opened, I stepped in pressing the lobby button. I waited patiently for the elevator to descend to the lobby, playing with my hair. The doors opened again and she stood there waiting. Her creamy skin hugging her jeans and tight pink tee. She looked at me, gasping.

"Oh my.." She paused, sighing. "I should've known this was going to be something elegant. Let me go change." She said, looking up at me.

"You really don't have to, I.." She cut me off, kissing my lips roughly.

"No, I'll be right back, promise." She said, jogging to the elevator. I chuckled to myself, I wouldn't have cared if she showed up in a burlap sack. She was beautiful in anything.

Fifteen minutes later, she emerged from the elevator, her brown hair flowed down her bareback, her creamy skin draped in a silk thin white dress.

"You look absolutely stunning!" I say, kissing her cheek. "The car has just arrived." I say, ushering her out the lobby doors into the cool Chicago air. Her shawl blew wildly in the wind, as I touched the small of her back, leading her to the car. The driver got out, walking around to open the door for us. She slid in carefully, as I followed. She looked at me, her cheeks slightly flushed.

"Where are you taking me Caleb?" She asked, tucking her straight hair behind her ear. I smiled, as the driver pulled away.

"Do you like musicals?" I asked, grinning down at her.

"Some, is that where we are going?" She smiled.

"My Fair Lady was at Lyric tonight, is that something you'd be interested in doing?"

"I have a feeling there's more than one option." She smirked, giggling a little.

"I always have options, baby." I say, stroking her cheek.

"What's the other option?" She asked curiously.

"Dinner on the lake?"

"Oh, yes! Let's do that!" She said excitedly, clapping her hands.

"Plan C." I said to the driver, as he turned on Michigan Ave.

"Plan C?" She looked at me, her brow furrowed. I chuckle, shrugging.

"I was guessing, I figured you chose one." I smile, linking my fingers in hers.

"What was Plan B?" She asks, smirking at me again.

"If I tell you, I can't use it for another date." I smirk back at her, as the driver pulled up to Navy Pier. I opened the car door, stepping out, reaching my hand out for her. She slid out, grabbing my hand as she got out. I closed the door, leading her to the docks.

"You have your own boat too?!" She said, her eyes raised in awe.

"No, but I called in a favor." I said, leading her down the docks to Mitch's parents boat. Esprit Libre, the back of the boat read.

"Free spirit?" She said, chuckling at little.

"Ah, you speak French?" I say, helping her step onto the yacht. I untied the boat from the dock, pulling the anchor up and out of the water.

"Un petit peu." She smiled, climbing up the stairs onto the stern.

"That's pretty cool, I don't know what you said but it's very cool." I chuckle, hopping up and walking up the next set of stairs to start it. I turned the key and the motor roared alive. She stood next to me, as I pulled out, slowly making our way out of the docks.