❀ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

XXII. The prisoner of azkavan

 The prisoner of azkavan

————-

"He bit me." Ron said as he was looking at his bloody finger. The others stand there confused.

"Who did?" Celestia asks Ron as his eyes stayed on his his finger.

"Scabbers." He runs after the rat, as the other three chase after him.

"I have a feeling about this." Celestia yells to Harry and Hermione who were beside her. Harry nods as Hermione stays silent.

Ron reaches the summit, disappears over the top. Hermione, Harry and Celestia follow.

They reached to the top until Hermione realizes where they are.

"You do realize what tree this is..." Hermione says as Ron nabs Scabbers, cradles him in his bloody palm..

"Now behave yourself." said Ron to that rat.

"Ron... not trying to be rude or anything but you're rat is crazy." said Celestia.

"Don't say that about Scabbers!" Ron is kneeling under the Whomping Willow.

"That's not good." Harry says, "Run!Run!"

Ron spins, looks towards Harry.

Harry's eyes shift. Bounding toward him in the gathering
gloom is an enormous black dog. Harry shields himself when... the dog goes over him.

"Aaaahhh!" Harry yells.

The dog's teeth flash and close on Ron's foot, dragging him towards the trunk like a rag doll.Instantly, Harry dashes forward, leaps out, and grabs Ron's hands... but he and Ron just keep skudding along the ground.

"I've got you --"

"Harry!" Both the girls yelled. Harry raises his chin. The dog vanishes into the gap at the base of the tree, begins to pull Ron through...

"Hold on, Ron!"

But it's no use. The dog is too powerful. Harry glances around desperately, then finds himself looking directly in Ron's eyes. He can read his mind.

"No, Ron... " One by one, Ron releases his fingers from Harry's forearm. Sacrificing himself.

"Nooooo!!!" But Ron closes his eyes, releases his hands fully, and... Disappears.As his voice echoes deep into the earth...Harry, Hermione and Celestia rise, peer into the hole.

The Whomping Willow sweeps first Hermione, then Harry, then Celestia into the air and drops them on their backsides.

As one, they rise. Run back toward the gap in the tree. A branch swoops down. Hermione ducks. So does Celestia. Harry doesn't. he is flung one way, his glasses the other. Hermione hops over another branch looks briefly pleased with herself only to find herself  swept high in the air by a second branch. Celestia was quickly to hop into a branch. She looks down, sees Harry searching the ground for his glasses.