Three

"I can't stay here forever," Vanessa grumped, earning a chuckle from Namjoon as he smoothed his hand over the bare skin of her back and the curve of her ass, "I have my own things to do, outside of the walls of this house."

"I know you do," Namjoon sympathized, "We have our meeting with the human council this evening. Once we tell them whatever it is they need to hear, and you are unquestionably safe, you can do as you please."

"I've always done as I please," she rolled her eyes, "I'm an immortal, Joonie, strongest of us all," she turned her body to look up at him, "I really can handle myself."

"We know that," Jimin conceded, "But none of this works if we don't have you as part of the plan," he bent to kiss her sweetly as he finished dressing, "On the off chance that something did happen, even momentarily, it could throw a real wrench in the gears."

"I'm not even sure I'm in line with this whole plan," Vanessa pushed herself to stand and walk to the closet, "But I'll behave for once in my long life," she turned and gave them a cute wink, "If I can wear your clothes and you promise I can leave to get more when you come back."

"If this is how we're going to negotiate, I might have to come up with a lot of things to debate," Namjoon laughed, walking past her to open the closet door, "All yours, My Queen."

"Only five of us will be going to the meeting," Jimin explained as he helped Namjoon fix his tie, "The other two will stay here to make sure you're safe." He clicked his tongue as Vanessa began to protest, "I know, Sweetling, I know," he looked at her with a pout, "But it would make me feel better, okay?"

Vanessa rolled her eyes, laughing at how whipped she felt. After only two nights, Jimin could literally give her his big, puppydog eyes and pout his perfectly plump lips, and she would do anything just to see him smile again. She had never been one to find herself falling for the wiles of men, but there was something about the way Jimin and Namjoon practically worshipped her that made her want to give in to them easily. She let them smother her with kisses and little words of affection until they were making promises to return soon and she watched them walk out the door.

--{-@

"I didn't know I was on babysitting duty today," a voice sounded behind Vanessa as she warmed a kettle for tea in the kitchen, "Yay for me."

With an exaggerated eyeroll, she turned around, "Go play your video games then, fetus. I'm fairly sure I'm better off without you."

"Why are you such a bitch?"

"Why do you smell like cheese?"

"Don't you have some supposedly original vampire business you need to attend to?"

"Don't you have some offs to fuck?"

Jeongguk stepped close, towering over her smaller frame, seething when Vanessa didn't back down even an inch. Their eyes locked in a battle of wills, neither of them willing to give in, both of them seeped in their annoyance toward the other. Jeongguk had been nothing but petulant and disrespectful for two days and two nights. Vanessa had either ignored his presence or blown him off with a scathing remark, but she was about at her end. Why Namjoon had thought he was one of the two who should have stayed behind was beyond her.

"Listen," she huffed, "I'm not going to argue with a literal child. I have nothing to do with you, and you have nothing to do with me, so why are you even standing in my presence?"

"Actually," he chuckled sardonically, "I do have something to do with you, regardless of that fact that I wish it were different." He smirked, making her want to slap his stupidly handsome face, "I want you to teach me how to use the other two powers."

It was Vanessa's turn to laugh, "Why would I teach you that? Even if you could learn them, it'd just give you even more of a reason to be a dick."

"You seriously need to pull that stick out of your ass," he rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest.

"And you sound like you need to get one up yours," she replied with a grin, "I'm happy to oblige. I've never been one for pegging, but if it equals an attitude adjustment, I could -"

Jeongguk stepped into her space again aggressively, only to drop to his knees and claw at his throat while he choked for air. Vanessa's face turned to a fake mask of innocence as she bent to level it before the distressed male. She looked him in the eyes, hers calm and cold while his were wide with pain and panic.

"Let's get something straight," she growled, tightening her grip on his throat with her mind, "I'm no wilting flower, Jeongguk, and I don't care how special these other men think you are." She buffed her nails on her shirt, "Because the fact is, I'm actually special, and I've had a lot of years to perfect my skills. All seven of them." She released her hold on him, making him lurch forward to the floor on his hands as he gasped in great lungfuls of air, "And I'm not teaching jack shit to an infantile swinehound who can barely control his emotions on a good day."

"Just...because...you're fucking...them...it doesn't make...you...special," he heaved through heavy breaths.

"It doesn't" Vanessa agreed, standing and returning to the fridge, "I'm special because of me, not because of anyone else."

"Go cool off, Kook," another voice sounded from the entryway, both of them looking over to see Taehyung leaning against the wall, "Dip your head in the lake or run it off or something. Stop trying to provoke her."

Jeongguk caught his breath, standing and pointing back at Vanessa, "She fucking choked me!"

"And I'm sure you deserved it," Taehyung observed coolly, "Both of you need to...have a time out."

The younger let out a frustrated growl, stomping past Taehyung and out the front door, slamming it behind him. Vanessa drank the water she had retrieved, giving Taehyung a grateful smile. He returned the smile, walking closer slowly as he spoke.

"I'm sorry for his...hotheadedness," he chuckled quietly, "But you do seem to know how to push his buttons."

"He's been spoiled," she shrugged, "I don't really have time to coddle his feelings. I only give respect when I receive it as well."

"That's fair," he nodded, "We probably have treated him with kid gloves. Being a Born, we thought we were respecting our kind."

"He's a Born?" he asked with a gaping jaw, "How old is he?"

"Only about 80," she earned a smile for her shock, "83 to be exact. You can see why he has such a hard time with his anger."

Vanessa nodded, "Yeah, I suppose so," she looked up at Taehyung with a determined chin, Still, I don't think he's been done any favors by getting what he wants all the time."

"But you should get what you want all the time?"

Vanessa scrunched her nose, smiling cutely, "Well, naturally."

Taehyung's smile turned flirtatious, "And are you getting everything you want, Queen?"

"What more could I ask for?"

"Anything you want," he winked, "Naturally."

"Is that an offer, Taehyung?"

"Bonafide."

"Good to know," she smiled, swinging her hips as she walked out of the kitchen, throwing him a glance over her shoulder, "Good. To. Know."