𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧𝐞

KILLUA POV • TIME SKIP

KILLUA POV TIME SKIP

I look at Y/N's broken body. Covered up in bandages like Gon. At least he's healed. The tears start freely flowing down my face.

"Brother? Are you ok?" Alluka asks gently.

"N-no," I say honestly. "Alluka, can you t-turn into Nanika?"

"'Kay." 

"Nanika-" my voice breaks. "Heal Y/N." 

"'Kay." She walks up to Y/N. Another immense flash of aura flows from her and into Y/N. 

I wait in suspense, my tears making wet spots on the sheets. That's when Y/N jolts up.

The bandaids unravel, and I see that she's in her angel state. Her hair is flowing, and there's a golden halo above her head. She's in a simple but elegant white gown, and her wings are unfurled.

"Y/N!" I scream, jumping up and hugging her. She hugs me back, and my tears fall onto her shoulders. 

When I finally let go, she smiles at me beautifully. Then it turns to a look of confusion. "I'm sorry. Do I know you? And why-" 

My heart stops. "You-you don't remember me?"

She shakes her head, not finishing her previous sentence. "I'm sorry. Should I?"

I can't control my body. My knees break and I crumple on the floor. I can't feel myself anymore. No pain, nothing. My sobs take over the entire room, echoing. 

All our memories . . . gone. They flash through my mind. When we had met at the exam, and she was laughing and we were so happy. When we met up again at Yorknew City, and she was so excited to see us . . . 

"Brother?" Alluka was back, and she was gently touching my shoulder.

I can't bear for Alluka to see me like this, but I can't bear to have Y/N like this, either. 

I hear Y/N's voice. "Hello, darling."

"Hello!"

"Can I speak to your brother alone?" 

"Sure!" She walks outside and sits on a bench. 

Through great sobs and teary eyes, I see Y/N bend down next to me, sitting on her legs. Tentatively, she puts an arm around me. "Is-is this ok?"

I nod. I can't speak. I curl up in myself, and Y/N hugs me. "I'm sorry I forgot you," she murmurs. "I'm really sorry to have caused all of this pain. But I'd really like to know-"

I stop her from talking, wrapping my arms around her waist. We sit there for a while, and then the tears stop. My eyes are dry. I don't think I can cry anymore.