Chapter 3

Sworn Place

Lea woke up like an early bird, as if she's a punctually matured person who knows how to control her schedule and follow it to sought for the best with the unpredictable day.

It was 5:11 in the morning. Not the usual time a person who doesn't have any work nor studies to do wakes up. But it's her body clock and nature calls, her tummy rumbles in hunger that's why she decided to wake her nanay up.

"Nanay!" Wailed the famished Lea.

"Maaga pa, anak. Matulog ka muna." Nanay Ligaya answered and hid her face the from the lights Lea turned on.

"Bangon na ikaw nanay! Yung tiyan ko po nagugutom na!" She was irresistible and declining her callings would just make Lea a cajole-needed person.

"Sige na nga, maghilamos ka na at magtooth brush. Ipagluluto na kita." at last, Ligaya had no choice but to impose herself to stand up to stop Lea with her formidable ranting.

"Huwag maingay, baka magising si Aga." Ligaya said with an airy voice, putting her index finger over her lips, signing Lea to not make any noise.

The resonating sound of food being sweltered under the intense warmth of the stove woke their still absent mind up. Breakfast was then served into a white ceramic flat plate, still carbonating heat.

"Kain ng mabuti, maglilinis lang ako ng pinaghigaan natin." With that, Lea was left alone to consume the food.

"Thank you, nanay!" She gratefully retorted and faced the marbled Island counter, sitting down on the swiveling stool chair.

Her attention was caught when she heard tiny sound of footsteps, her eyes caught Aga wearing his gears. Oblivious, Lea scanned his wholeness only then took her a minute or two to realize that he's going to ride with the motorcycle she saw parked on his drive way.

"Good morning, Lea! Woke up early, huh?"

"Saan ikaw pupunta?"

"On a ride to somewhere, just to clear my mind. Anyway, full yourself up, I need to go before the sun rises." Aga vanished like smoke in the air, confusing Lea.

Talaga bang ganun sila na mayayaman? Pede lang silang pumunta kahit saan nila gusto?

Aga

Cold air welcomed me when I opened the door. The village was still like a ghost town, very hushed and noiseless.

My heart fluttered when I sat over my two-wheeled vehicle. It's been a while.

Motorcycle riding has always been my thing since I was 5. I've always seen dad leave the house earlier than a newly awakened infant and comes back when I just woke up from my sleep after mom makes me nap again whenever dad accidentally arouses me up.

There was a day when I insisted dad to let me come with him, and he did, hence, he even bought me my own small attire as he put me in front, between his legs with this kind of belt where I was secured to not fall.

Mom was furious when we got home. She thought I went missing and dad was almost thrown by her when she knew what the two of us did.

As an only child, my parents were very protective of me. But they weren't the helicopter-protective type of parents. They still let me enjoy my life as a child, making friends, going to school, expressing my opinions and supporting my ambitions.

In less than an hour, I arrived here. Where silence occurs and peacefulness is free. It's only me, the rising sun and crystal blue water of the sea. A place where I can vent out all I'm feeling without any judgement. Only the impeccable nature ready to lent its invisible ears.