Chapter 11

Obscured Person

Lea went to the guest room and locked the doors, she just wants to be alone for now. She took off the shoes Aga bought for her and almost threw it before entering the small walk-in to change her clothes.

Walking towards the bed, Lea walked by the whole body mirror on the walk in, stuck to the wall. She can't help but stare at her reflection. Does she even look pregnant?

Five positive, it wasn't a false pregnancy, but seeing her tummy flat and still feeling normal despite the throwing up and cravings, Lea was still hesitant to accept the massive news.

She felt electrified as she placed a hand over her tummy.

"Bait ka lang baby ah? Sorry kasi ganito lang si mommy mo." Her voice was so pure as she said her words. Lea knows for a fact that in some way, someday, when their child grows, they'll be asking and be curious of why their mother talks and acts the way she does.

And she's scared... what if her child gets bullied for having a mom like her? What if her own child gets ashamed of having her? It pains her just thinking the possibilities of being a mother with a condition like hers.

Her tears were already flowing when she thought of food.

Lea slowly opened the guest room door peaking and going out, she almost tiptoed her way downstairs as she thanks god Aga wasn't there. She made her way to the kitchen, opening the fridge she then saw pasta.

She grabbed it and took a sniff of it, pretty fine. It was cold, but still food.

Putting the plate and the fork on the sink, Lea walked to the fridge again opening it, she's wishing that there will be anything more to eat, but its only filled with uncooked meat, vegetables, juice and chocolates.

"Gusto ko kumain!" Lea mumbled and lip thrilled. She closed the refrigerator and looked around the kitchen. She smiled and grabbed the loaf of bread that was over the counter, well maybe this will help her take awake the hunger?

The pack was half full, Lea reached again then noticed there was only one left. It surprised her how much she had intake but was still wanting for more. It was as if she had a black-hole in her stomach.

"Who are you?" Lea turned her back when she heard an unfamiliar voice. An old woman was standing infront of Lea while a piece of bread is shoved down in Lea's mouth.

"Akow po shi Yeya." Lea answered chewing the food, what's happening to her is a little bit embarrassing.

"Why are you here? Does my grandchild know about you? You might be a robber!" The old lady said accusing Lea.

"Hala! Hala! Hindi po ako magnanakaw. Dito po ako nakatira." Lea answered waving her hands signalling she was not a thief of somekind.

"Anong dito nakatira? I don't know you iha, Aga!" The old lady's voice echoed through the large house, calling for her grandchild.

"What's happening to you Lei - lola? What are you doing here?" Aga asked, is he dreaming of what?

"Anong 'what are you doing here?', for the record, I am your grandmother. And who is this woman? Are you cheating? For God sake Ariel! We didn't raise you just to cheat - "

"Lola, calm down please?"

"How can I calm down if I know my grandchild is cheating? Mahabag ka maria! Hindi niya po alam ginagawa niya." Lola Amelia said and did the sign of the cross. Lea giggled with the old woman's act.

"Bakit ka natawa?" Lola Amelia asked Lea and shot her a glare. Lea stopped and composed her self.

"S-sorry po." She answered bowing her head and playing with her fingers, she suddenly felt intimidated by the old lady.