Chapter 35

Just for Awhile, Right?

"Babalik si mommy, anak. Kailangan ko lang daw lumayo sainyo. Brene, alam kong si Aga ang daddy mo. Walang iba kasi siya lang naman ang mahal ko at siya lang yung asawa ko. Mahal na mahal kita, Brene." Lea cradled Brene once again in her arms. She won't be saying goodbye, it's not their last meet. She won't be saying it's the last time, because she knows they'll be millions of times in the future to experience this kind of cuddling, until Brene can finally do things on her own. And- when both hearts are already mended.

Lea placed Brene back in her crib, held her chubby cheeks again. Caressing it, a tear drop from Lea's eyes, with the thought of being away from Brene for a few weeks pains her all through out the last strand of her body's vain.

No kind of mother would want to leave her child in purpose nor wants her child to be taken away. It's just - others are unfortunate to not have the time to spend with their kids because of their hectic schedule or circumstances in their life that prohibits them from having the time to give for their children.

"Ate?" She turned her back and there she saw the two kids, waiting for her outside of their (Aga and Lea's) bedroom.

"S-sama kami, ate." They cried when they enveloped her. "Hindi na, samahan niyo si Aga dito tsaka may pasok pa kayo." She insisted, giving the hug back.

"Ingat ka po." She nodded as they sent her downstairs.

"Inang? Aalis na po ako ah, tignan niyo na lang po si Brene para sakin. Babalik din po ako. Mano po." Lea hugged Inang Lasy who's eyes were puffy and redish. The latter wiped her tears again, giving Lea her left hand.

"Mag-iingat ka ha? Ayusin niyo ni Aga ang mga nangyayari. Alam kong mayroon kang dahilan. Hindi ko alam doon kay Ariel, inuna ang galit. Intindihin mo muna anak, ah? Huwag ka munang susuko, siguro nasaktan lang, mahal na mahal ka lang nun." Lea nodded as an answer, she genuinely simpered at Inang Lasy, thanking her mentally before bowing and carrying her handbag.

Lea looked at the second floor again. Still hoping that a miracle would happen. Aga coming downstairs stopping her, or at least - saying his words before she leaves. But non of that happened. A bitter sly of smile showed upon seeing the door widely open. Its as if saying she's freely to get out of the house.

Putting her bag inside the trunk. Polo closed it and went inside to start the engine. Lea raised her head once more, looking at the house for a meanwhile that she'll be gone, it's sure that missing their home won't be inevitable. This house which shone' the brightest amongst the village's neighborhood. It was full of color before. But now, it suddenly seemed - dull and bland.

Like a movie with low hex range. A rainbow getting beaten by the storm. Overpowering its beauty by the clouds that's why it can't come out to chase the rain away. Taking off all the bothers it brought with itself.

Looking at the balcony - where they usually spend their time at late afternoons, late nights or early in the morning watching the sunset saying its goodbye to exchange with the moon so that it can get the chance to see itself shinning. Watching the stars brightening the world like little flicked of white paint on the aumbry masterpiece, the dark sky. Sunrise, which means commencing another day full of surprises like an unexpected birthday party/gift.

Lea wiped the tear that once flown down and slowly walked towards the car. Polo opened it for her and she smiled showing her gratitude.

"Tara na po?" Lea nodded her head and just stared outside the window the whole time. What she didn't know is that... Aga will still take care of her, but in a different way. He still cares about Lea. That won't be taken away from him since he gave all he can to fill out the empty space in her heart.