Chapter 15

Misunderstandings

Cars were making outrageous noise that could break your eardrums due to the long traffic that was occurring through the EDSA road. It wasn't new to anyone that has been living in the Philippines for almost all their lives. Even for those who are just visiting the place.

"You okay?" Aga asked seeing Lea fidgeting her fingers and shaking her legs. She nodded her head, depriving herself from speaking. She wouldn't want to start a conversation with him right now.

Their dinner went-pretty decent as she could think. There wasn't much exchanging of words between them two and would be wearied with the barrier of silence that both of them set up. He should've just opened the topic when they were almost done. Not at the start of the meal.

"About the wedding - "
"Aga. Sabi ko nga sayo, kahit anong gusto mong gawin." She cut, wanting to be conspicuous about her point.

"But I need your opinion Lea. It's not only me who's going be tied in a relationship we both don't want." It was a hurdle for Aga to ask Lea what her thoughts are. He wasn't any mind reader to know what she's trying to resonate inside her mind.

But... he also does not need to be able to have the ability of reading other people's mind to notice that she's been trying to swift off the question.

"Ilang beses ko bang sasabihin? Kung gusto mong ikasal tayo? Edi ayun! Kung ayaw mo, edi 'wag! Sabihin mo lang kung kailan para alam ko. Paulit-ulit. Nakakainis." Her voice was hostile, far from her normal idyllic one. She was more than pissed off, immensely contending with the same topic that took her energy off. Even her appetite but she needed to eat and not waste any food.

Once again, pure nothingness overpowered both of them. Aside from the beepings and shouting vendors that were trying to provide for their needs, they couldn't hear anything but explicit ghost voices of people outside that were walled by the windows of the car.

They thank God that the jam was starting to subside. Vehicles started moving, they were cautious of how far their bumpers are from the car in front of them. Without anything keeping their energy alive, they were slowly being pulled into sleepiness.

Lea was already closing her eyes but was then intruded when she felt an impact. "Shit." whispered Aga.

"A-anong nangyari?" Before he could even speak. Hitting of the window beside him were already heard. He rolled down his windows, ready to talk about what happened.

"Are you fuckin' stupid, man? You see my car? I just bought that and here you are, crashing onto it!" Unfortunate of them, the owner of the vehicle was ferocious and short-tempered.

"Look. I didn't mean to do that, I can pay for the damage. How much do you need?" A smirk formed upon hearing Aga's deal. "A million pesos."

Aga stopped, flabbergasted with the amount that was asked. It wasn't even that evident that the car was involved in an "accident". A dent sized like an apple wouldn't cost a million pesos to get repaired.

"A million pesos? 100,000 would be more than enough for that."

"Do you know how much my car is? It's 5 million pesos. Do you know who I am?" Braggart. A word to define a person like him. Aga shook his head and moved his shoulders up, an undetected person he never knew existed.