Chapter 39

Taken

Aga has no plans of stopping on driving and looking for his wife. He's not looking at it as his responsibilities nor duties, he's doing it because he loves her and he wants to prove it to her.

No one's to blame. It was both side's fault. Lea, because she provoked those feelings for Aga to feel. And Aga because he let stress reign over than talking with Lea about it, making the problem bigger.

He can't let his pride break the both of them and the future ahead, so, without any hesitation. Aga called someone who he knows can be one of the person Lea can run to.

He already called most of the person Lea can rely if ever she'll abscond and planned of doing that abandoning them, in which he really didn't expect her to do.

She was very vulnerable and weak when he left her, she can't even stand without any solid surface beside or behind her just to make sure she won't fall. She needs something to lean her body onto and support her weight since she was still undeniably sick.

He don't know if this is some kind of prank or joke. But it's also preposterous to think that Lea would make fun od this kind of serious taboo. Leaving someone who loves you more than anything this world has is very tragic. Especially if its unsure for your return in which either can be a short time or for a life time of vanishing.

It's like you're dead, but you're analogically not.

They can only pray for your safety, and wish for you to come back and change your mind in the very last minute.

"Hello?" Finally. Someone picked up the phone.

"Ian! Is Lea there?" Aga was perplexed as he asked the question. Please tell me she's there.

"Lea? Why would she be here at my house?" Aga can't really fathom if Ian is persuading a lie to cover up his sister or he's really telling him the truth.

"She said she'll leave and go somewhere. The question is, where is that somewhere? Can you help me? I know what's between you two now, help me find your sister." It didn't take Ian any second to think about it and immediately agreed. For once in his lifetime, he needs to help his sister.

He hasn't been there for her to protect her. Though being the younger one and he's not looking down at what Lea can do as a woman, but he's taller and stronger than her, he could've at least helped her with having her back whenever she's being abused.

"Can I Iisten to the voice mail?" It was Ian asking Aga while seating still beside him.

"Here,"

Lea's voice perpetrated as Ian pressed the play button.

"There's something wrong with it." Aga let out a sigh when Ian said that. Thanks god, It's not only him who noticed that.

Lea's voice was shaking in the voice mail and it sounded like its rigged. Its as if she's being forced to do it.

"That's what I thought too! Also, how can her father know exactly where she lives. He hasn't been there her whole life, and suddenly? He knows where to find her?" Sarcasm was condescending in Aga's voice, shaking his head.

With his sentence, Ian then realized something. "How sure are we that it was our father who took her? Does she know how he looks like?"

"Shit! How stupid am I not to know that. We need to go back." Funny how long they've already took driving around without even knowing where to find the person.

The ride was silence. Both men were still weirded by each others presence since they haven't talked about the mezzanine that have happened between them. They're both grown up and still, they have pride to keep high for no reason.