Chapter 14

Hello hello! It's update day! Just kidding, it's early. But after the crumby last few days of being at urgent care and getting blood work done, I decided to do something happy.

That includes posting a chapter......and it contains the first lemon of the story!

It is unedited and I tried to catch them all, but alas, I am only human.

______________________________

Dimitri walked beside me quietly as I fumed. I didn't want to go on this trip anymore. I knew I sounded like an ungrateful child, but I felt slighted. I had worked so hard for this only to run into yet another wall. I know deep, deep, deep down that Dad meant well, but I was still pissed. And hurt.

Dimitri seemed to understand that trying to comfort me physically may result in him getting slapped, so he stayed silent and just walked with me. I got to my allocated room, which I'll probably lose now due to be unallocated, and kicked the suitcase closest to me. Bad idea, if hurt like a bitch! I hopped on one foot and grabbed the injured one, moaning and groaning with a few curses. Dimitri walked by and sat on the bed, leaning forward on his elbows and watching me like one would watch a cartoon.

"That was smart," he stated. I looked up at him with daggers before toeing off my shoes and flinging myself onto the bed beside him face down. I'd rather shed the remainder of my tears alone, but if he was going to stay, I could just do it into the quilt. And I did, I let the hot tears slip from my eyes into the fabric. I tried to keep my breathing steady not to alert him to my distress, but this was Dimitri. He knew my distress before I did. I felt him lay down beside me and he put his hand on my lower back as my shoulders started to shake.

In moments like this, I was glad that Dimitri knew me as well as he did. He knew he didn't need to give words right now, that being there would be enough. Just that small speck of contact was the support I needed until I reached out to him. I laid that for a few minutes letting out my tears before sighing and rolling onto my side to face him. It didn't matter if my eyes were red and puffy and my nose was red too. He didn't care about that and I couldn't care less either. I wiggled closer and snuggled against him, breathing unevenly and closed my eyes.

"Feel a little better?"

"Yeah."

Dimitri wrapped his arm around me and rested his head on top of mine. I wiggled a bit to look up at him.

"I'm sorry for acting like a brat."

Dimitri shook his head, "You didn't. You were blindsided. I didn't know my allocation had been rejected until your father said so. I wasn't supposed to find out until we got back."

"I just...this is the first day we've been at Court and we don't have to hide anything. And here I am, having a fit."

Dimitri sighed and sat up. "It's ok, Roza. You're allowed to be upset. If I were in your position I would be too."

I sighed and sat up, rubbing my raw cheeks. Dimitri gave me a tender look before cupping my cheeks and kissing my nose.

"Speaking of being about to be out in public," he said kissing the corner of my mouth. I snorted a laugh and turned my head, giving him a kiss that I had desperately wanted this morning. It was short but it was lifting.

"Alright, make sure you have everything packed," he said pecking me on the lips before pulling me off the bed. I rolled my eyes and pulled over one of the suitcases and started pulling stuff from boxes, packing it in. Well, I tossed them in and Dimitri took them out and repacked them.

I gave him a saucy look as I zipped the lingerie set he pick out into the garment back and he returned the look. But the look changed to astonishment at the next thing I tucked in.