Epilogue

Three Years Later.

"I'm still surprised Rose graduated with honours. I mean, you acted like you were drowning in your classes," Mia said as he nibbled on a piece of fruit, smirking at me. I rolled my eyes and threw a blueberry at her.

"Shut it, Mia, I was busy. Lissa is the main reason why I got through it. I watched our lectures at night sometimes. And don't get me started on my study partner, he's a real ass," I joked, laughing with my friends at my jab at Dimitri.

I thought studying with Dimitri would be like in the movies where the study sessions would end up being hot and steamy. I mean, it did happen, but not as often as I would have liked. He was a hardass on me, but in the end, I appreciated it. I got caught up enough to get through the courses with Lissa.

"But he has a nice ass, so that makes up for it, right?" Claire joked, making me choke on my mimosa. Lissa squealed in laughter and nodded her head, opening her mouth to unleash one of the many stories about Dimitri when I stuffed a piece of strawberry in her mouth.

"I'd like to remind you all that my mother and future mother-law, as well as my sisters-in-law, are at this table," I interjected, trying to stop any further conversation that may embarrass me.

"I still can't believe you're getting married next week," Lissa cooed happily, sharing a smile with me. She was privy to Dimitri's proposal for months and learned to effectively keep it hidden from me.

"I can, Dimitri is practically bursting with excitement," I said with a smile. I knew he was excited, but I'm excited too. I tend to keep my excitement more composed though. I perked up when I saw food approaching our table and sat up straighter. The quicker we got through our brunch, the quicker I could open my gift and then go to sleep.

I could tell that Lissa was in charge of the menu because it was realtivly healthy, with finger sandwiches, fruit tarts, fruit, pastries, and salads. But it was perfect for the event, light enough that we could enjoy it, and easy to eat.

Once the last of the food was cleared away Lissa got up and started bringing over colourfully wrapped gifts, setting them around me on the table. I didn't want much gift wise, but I was grateful for all of them. Olena and Dimitri's sisters gave me a wooden box filled with family recipes, Lissa gifted me a wedding day emergency kit with hair pins, needle and thread, mini bottles of tequila and gin, and miniature cosmetics that matched the supplies I had purchased for the wedding. Mom set a large box in front of me and I knitted my brows together. She had told me she wanted to give me her gift in private.

I looked at the tag on the box and smiled softly. It was from Alberta. I had invited her to both my bridal shower and wedding, but she wasn't able to make it to the shower. She would be flying the night before the wedding and then flying back to St. Vladimir's after the reception. I lifted the lid on the box and found a leather covered scrapbook inside, with Dimitri and I's initials and wedding date on the front. I smiled and opened it to see what the layout was like on the inside only to freeze. The first few pages had photos in them.

I looked up and caught Mom's eye over the table. "Did you know about this?" I asked.

Mom nodded. "Yeah, she had some photos that were taken on campus, one that was taken at graduation, a few from your exams. Lissa sent Alberta a few photos she could find of your trip to Bora Bora. She wanted you to be able to photograph your lives together."

I chuckled and flipped through the pages, tilting it so my friends and family the photos inside. Claire leaned in and looked at the picture of Dimitri and I at graduation, a coy smirk on her face.

"Started dating after graduation, huh?" she joked. I rolled my eyes and elbowed her playfully. Mia was chomping at the bit for me to open my gift, and she practically threw it at me from her place at the table.