Chapter 3

"Rose, we're here."

I opened my eyes to find Eddie leaning over the seat, shaking my arm. I groaned and stretched out as much as I could before crawling out of the van. I stumbled out of the van to come face to face with Alto, and I held my groan in.

"Glad to see you're awake, Hathaway. We could hear you snoring in the front seat," he said flatly and I let the groan out. I didn't snore.

"Oh leave her alone, she had no idea we were going. She only got a few hours of sleep," Adrian said as he snubbed out his cigarette. Alto had a look on his face like he smelled something bad before heading towards the door and opening it for Lissa. I gave Adrian a half-smile and headed towards the entrance as well.

"Ok! I think that for the first bit Rose and I are going to split off while you three go. We'll meet up at lunch?" Lissa said as she linked arms with me. She may have phrased it like a question, but it was more like a statement. What she wanted, went. And I had a feeling the whole trip would be like this.

I smirked when Dimitri and another Guardian paired up and went with us through the stores and I watched Lissa go through them like a tornado, picking out things and ringing them in. I gave up on trying to get her to stop trying to buy me things after the third store. It was completely useless.

"So. I really need to pick out more lingerie. I am getting low," Lissa said as we walked and I frowned. She was getting low because of Christian, and I really didn't want to think about that. She stirred me into Victoria's Secret and I wrinkled my nose a bit. I watched as Dimitri and Weston, the other Guardian, spread out in the store, but stayed close enough that they could keep an eye on Lissa.

I moved away from her and browsed through the garments, not really finding anything of interest. I looked up to find Lissa already loading up a sales representative with things to try on before looking around again. I caught Dimitri's eye a couple of feet over and smirked slightly. He was looking around at some interesting lingerie and when he met my eyes he laughed quietly.

I shook my head and let my eyes fall to a pretty black bralette in the display below me. Usually, I would be drawn towards the more flashy stuff, but this was simple with black lace around the edging. It was pretty but simple. I picked up my size and carefully lifted my eyes to Dimitri's again before giving him a wink. He didn't respond with more than a wink himself. I wandered through and picked another bra in blue and some more underwear before heading to the change room.

"Oh, those are cute!" Lissa said as she put her rejects onto the table. I gave her a smile and headed into the change room to try them on. I had to admit, they weren't much, but they looked nice on. There was a quiet knock on the door and I furrowed my brows.

"Liss?"

I turned around when a hand appeared over the door.

"Your friend asked me to bring you this," the salesman said as he held a bra and pantie set over the door. I shrugged and took it. I was also surprised that they had men working in the store. It was pretty, but not something I would have picked for myself at first glance. Also, not a colour I would have picked for myself. The moss green fabric was soft and I admired the delicate lace on the panties.

I pulled it on and was surprised to see how much the colour complimented my skin tone and how the cut of the bra enhanced what I already had. Definitely a winner. I quickly changed back into my clothes and exited the change room, taking my choices with me.

I quickly caught up with Lissa and put down my belongings, already knowing that she wouldn't let me pay for them myself.

"Oh, that is so pretty! I didn't even see that in the store!" Lissa exclaimed as the green fabric caught her eye. I frowned a little bit at her claim but shrugged it off. As we headed out of the store, I saw the male sales associate and tapped him on the shoulder.