Chapter 21 : Cross-examination

What might be the casualties that they can't tell over the phone? Did someone... got hurt?

I took a deep breath and open the door of our office. The moment I got in, the boys immediately approached me with worry covering their faces.

"Dude, are you okay?" Josh examined me from head to toe.

"Where the hell did you go Vince? We've been looking for you everywhere." Kenneth said with anger and worry in his voice.

"Somewhere." I answered and face James who's wearing a serious look which is unsual. "Tell me, what's wrong?"

I knew something bad happened other than the explosion... I can sense something... worst.

He looked at me straight in the eye, I also sensed the rest of the boys getting serious.

"Mr. Villaruel... died from the explosion." He stated.

I was taken aback and for a moment internalize everything. It can't be, not Mr. Villaruel.

He was the most trusted school administrator and we have the same goal. That is to destroy the... school principal, Mr. Bernard.

"Vince, I'm sorry to say this but you need to know that..." John said in full of concern which put me out of daze.

"What is it?" I don't think I can handle more revelation after I discovered the death of Mr. Villaruel but I have to.

"You are the primary suspect and... they want you to attend the hearing tonight." His voice held sadness and worry as he looked at me intently.

My hand suddenly clenches. Just great.

------- ------- -------

Kelly's POV

I just finished taking a bath but the vision I had earlier of putting the blame to Vincent keeps on haunting me. When I was about to change for my clothes my phone suddenly rings.

I walked through my bed where lies my phone and answer it.

"Hello?" I said but there was a moment of silence until the caller talked.

"Kelly, meet me at the Wheels Garden please." That voice...

"James, are you okay?" I asked in worry when I felt the sadness in his voice.

"Please, I'll be waiting." He said and ended the call.

Worry covered me, what might have happened? I knew we'll be having dinner tonight but his voice tells something different. It's 6 in the evening but our dinner shall be 7:30.

I sighed and continue changing my clothes after then I proceeded to the Wheels Garden where James will be waiting.

When I got there the cool breeze of air passed through me but I can't deny the freshness it release. I took a deep breath feeling it.

"This was the place where I first met you and was captivated by your beauty." I immediately turned around to face the man who just speak. "You are so captivating and very interesting Kelly, no man can't resist your charm."

He suddenly smile, but sadness is visible in him.

"James, what's wrong?" I asked in worry.

"I like you Kelly." He blurted out and I was speechless.

That was unexpected.

"I... I..." he stepped closer to me, pressing his finger on my lips shutting me.

"Shush... you don't need to answer me. I just wanted to let you know. For how many years kelly, I felt these feelings once again and I'm thankful for that." He said looking straight into my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I said, almost a barely whisper.

He sadly smile "I understand. You love him, don't you?"

My eyes widen in shock "H-how did you know?" I stuttered.

He sighed "I saw you earlier getting out of his car." He turned to the side. "And... I saw the smile on your face that I knew I couldn't give."

"I'm sorry James." I don't know what to say but sorry. Sorry for hurting you...

He faced me once again and force a smile. "Take care of him Kelly. He's stubborn but he's a good guy when you got to know him more."

"I know James. I know how stubborn he was and how kind he is." I said not realizing that I was smiling.

"I see, you really love him. When he hurt you tell me and I'll destroy his face." He said forming his hands in a fist.

I chuckled. "You can't do that."

"Yeah I can't, but when that time comes, I might." His face turned serious.

Sighing I said "Your friend is so stubborn James, he keeps on pushing me away. But I'm determined, I will steal his heart."

There was a glimpse of sadness in his eyes but then "If that what makes you happy, then I'll support you." He suddenly looked beyond and took a deep breath "Vincent always does that, pushing people away. He always takes the burden all of himself, you need to be patient when facing his stubbornness." He smiled, a genuine one.

And I smiled seeing how he loves his friend.

"I understand, that's why I won't give up." I stated.

Then he looked at me wearing a serious face "He needs you Kelly. He was the primary suspect of the explosion happened earlier and now he will be put into cross-examination."

I know what he wanted to say, so I directed to the point.

"What do you want me to do?"

--------- -------- ---------

Vincent's POV

"Where the hell is James?" I heard Kenneth nagged from behind but I ignored them and face these old men in front who will interrogate me and stand as a judge.

The rest of the School Administrators were here including the... School Principal. When I looked at him, his lips quirked into a smirk which made me glare at him and went back facing the interrogators before they saw it.

"Where are you when the explosion happened?" One of them asked.

This was hard, I don't know what to say. If I told them the truth, Kelly will be put in danger, especially when the devil is listening.

He's eager to kill me including the rest of my members and he is waiting for the right moment, that is when he discover our weaknesses. Well, we're the same... I'm dying to kill him but I can't risk the lives of innocents inside this school.

"I'll ask you once again Mr. Herraño, where are you when the explosion happened?" He asked again and now with anger in his voice.

"I was at the Disney Palace." I told them the truth, the others were shock and the rest gasped in surprise. My eyes falls to Mr. Bernard his face held curiosity.

"What were you doing in the Disney Palace at that time when in fact you have an important meeting to attend?" The other interrogator asked, he must be the head.

"I was there to-" I was cut off when the door bursted open.

"He was with me." Her voice put the room into extreme silence.

Shit. This couldn't be.

******* viona99 *******

Guys, I'm sorry for the slow update. I've been too busy with my school requirements. But, I'll do my best to find time and keep on updating.

Please vote and comment thank you❤.