Chapter 29 : The Track

Vincent POV

Shit! I kneel down in pain the moment the fireball strikes my stomach, Henry is a special student who works for Principal Bernard, I don't know why he's so mad at me... he always consider me as his rival. His power is a fireball that could follow anyone wherever it is, that's why even with my speed it caught me... I lost sight of it.

From the distance I could hear a number of people running on my way, fuck! They followed me!

I tried to gather myself and run in fast speed using my power, if I fight them, I might lose... they have a number of people with special powers with them and I can't fight them at once. I need to lure them one by one.

When I reached the forest, I headed to the middle of it, but then the forest was suddenly filled with... smokes?

"Vincent!" I heard someone called.

That voice... damn it! This is not good.

------ ------ -------

Kelly's POV

I opened my bag to see a bunch of my teargas experiment, I experimented it yesterday hoping for it to be success.

I looked at my watch, 9:55 am and 5 minutes left until Vincent will reach the forest and so I waited in the forest ten meters away from the border.

Until not long after I see a swoosh of air passes on the trees not far from my spot, it's time. I opened the teargas and throw it, to cover the forest with smoke and to clear the track of Vincent.

I discovered that one of the people chasing him has a powerful smell, he can track anyone and anything from the smell of it, that is why no matter how fast Vincent was, he could still find him. I smirked, let's see what you've got.

After I finished spreading the smoke and covered his track, I headed to Vincent, I knew exactly where he went... and that is in the oak tree.

I run fast and the moment I saw him, I felt my heart squeezes. "Vincent!" I called but not too loud to let anyone hear specially those who are chasing him.

He was leaning on the tree holding his stomach, he looked at me and his face held pain. I ran towards him "Oh shit! What happened to you???" I asked lowly.

"What are you doing here!?" He asked ignoring my question.

"Can't you see? Helping you! We have to get out of here." I said but the moment I hold his arm to support his body...

~ I saw a little boy, he looked like Vincent... oh it's him! So cute! He looked happily with a lady in an... office? I accidentally saw the desk with a name on it 'Mrs. Jonah Suego' with a tag under saying 'Geniuses Academy Principal'.

She must be the former school principal, but why is the little Vincent was there!? Were they close???

"Mommy, if I reach the right age I will be one of your students here and I'll take care of you." He stated to the lady. Wait- mom!?

"Sure." The lady smiled softly.

Suddenly, the door bursted open "Ma'am, get out of here now! They are coming to kill you!"

"Get my child out of here, they only need me. Save my child, use the secret passage." She ordered to the man and then immediately faced the little boy.  "Baby, mommy loves you, you go with him okay?"

The little boy cried "No! I can't leave you mom! I'll fight them."

"Promise me Vincent! You go out of here." The voice of the lady was hard. "Tell your father, I'm sorry." Then she softly stated.

So the little boy have no other choice but nodded and they went to the closet... there was a passage right there.

But the boy remained on the closet despite of the man's pulling on him. Just the door bursted open again, it reaveals a bunch of armed men, some are showing their powers, fireball and blue fire.

Through the closet I could see them, the way the little boy does, and another man with a gun came in, he looks familiar... Mr. Bernard!? No wonder.

"You won't give me the position, so I'm here to take what's mine." Mr. Bernard raised his gun and then shot the lady, after that all I heard are sobs.

Suddenly, Mr. Bernard looked straight at the closet. ~

"Kelly!" Oh shit! I spaced out again I looked at Vincent to see his face looking worried.

I took his arm and put it on my shoulder to support him.

"I can handle it." He stated aiming to get his arm.

"No, you can't. Let me." I insisted and looked at the vast of smoke, not long after it will fade... it will take time because I put a lot of gas inside them. "Do you know a place we could hide?" I asked.

He shook his head, tch. He's been here for so long but still didn't know the blueprint. "Did you do that?" He asked referring to the smoke.

I decided to walk headed deeper into the forest.

"Yes." I answered walking while giving him a support.

"How?" His voice held curiosity demanding for an answer.

"I made some teargas, thankful it was a success. You know Vincent it was better if you stayed in the class and study hard, but you're hardheaded. Are you even studying!? How could I have a husband that all he did was escaping! How could I tell our children!?" I scolded.

"How did you know I was here? Do you know this will happened?" He asked.

"For goodness sake! Are you even listening to me!?" I whispered-yell I'm not an idiot to make the enemy discover where we are.

"Where are we going?" He looked at the surroundings, the place was not reached by the smoke that is why it is clear.

I looked to where our feet have taken us until I saw something that looks very... familiar.

"Have you see him!?" Suddenly, our attention was caught when we heard people talking. They're not far from us.

My instinct was telling me to go on that place, "Let's go there." I pointed on him so we walked faster towards it, even though Vincent sometimes flinches from the pain in his stomach. The moment we headed on it, there on the side I saw the wall of vines.

This is the wall of vines exactly the way I saw it from my dreams. "We're trapped." Vincent stated.

"No, we're safe... I think." I helped him walk as we get closer to the wall of vines.

"What do you mean? No one ever dared to come on this forest because they said it is dangerous and some other says, spirits are lurking around here, the borders are close." He said.

I ignored him, and open the vines.

"What the... heck." I heard Vincent cursed and I was surprised from what I saw.

***** viona99 *****

I hope you enjoy it, votes and comments are highly appreciated❤.

Thank you so much!