Chapter 34 : Protectors

After breakfast we gathered around the dining table, the same position last night. Vincent's wound seems to have healed as I saw him not flinching anymore and I asked him how he is doing and he told me that he is fine.

The truth is, I am still so embarrassed about what I said to him last night and every time I faced Vincent, seems like all my guts just... vanished into thin air... I felt so awkward. Aish.

There was a silence that engulfed the room until Grandpa started to talk, "This liquid is very dangerous, one drop and it can control a person who ever get a taste of it." He stated and I saw Vincent clenched his fist. "However, only human that has no special powers can be controlled." He added.

I breathed in relief, he might control humans but he couldn't control those who have special powers and there, I could see hope.

"I don't know what he is up to. But if that is truly possible... he can control the world." Vincent concluded and I could feel the anger in his voice.

"You are right. Bernard is a greedy person, ever since I met him all I can see was darkness." Grandpa said looking beyond as if thinking deeply.

My forehead creased, confused.

"You knew him?" Vincent asked partly surprised and that is what I also wanted to know.

"Before, when he was still a professor, we were in the same field of teaching but when Jonah died... I choose to leave the school." He explained and the sadness is visible in his eyes.

"Mom..." Vincent murmured sadly which made me looked at him, I was not surprised because I already knew about it but... I just wanted to comfort him however... I don't know how.

I heard Viona gasped, "She's your mom!?" She exclaimed shocked.

Vincent nodded as he took a deep breath and I could feel the sadness radiating on him.

"I knew it the moment you come here, I saw a part of Jonah in you and I am glad that I met her son. Your mom is the greatest person I ever met, Vincent." Grandpa said as he smiled.

"Wait- I'm so surprised, are you telling me that you are Vincent Suego!?" Viona asked in disbelief, her face was unexplainable.

Suego? I have been so confused with that surname since the former principal is Jonah Suego while Vincent wears the Herraño when in fact Mrs. Jonah is his mother.

He nodded once again, "But I prefer Vincent Herraño." And just then Viona screamed, I don't know what's with the Suego that she went crazy.

Vincent glanced at grandpa once again, "I wanted to ask, how much do you know about Bernard? Why did he killed my mom?"

I remained silent but too many questions were running inside my head.

"Bernard has a son studying at the Special Course years ago... but his son died accidentally from a fight that was unexpected at the school. The reason he changed so much and after a week, the people who caused the fight also died. Bernard became greedy... he wanted more... he wanted power. Until... he decided to get the power your mother had and that is becoming a School Principal. But he was not satisfied... I could feel he wanted revenge in the world of being unfair for him." Grandpa said as he think deeply.

So, Mr. Bernard lost a son that made him changed so much... now I know why he acted so greedy... he wants revenge.

"Is there anything we could do to change his mind?" I asked hoping for a good answer.

Future can be changed... and I hope a person could be changed as well.

Grandpa shook his head in defeat, "Bernard is crazy, he is a psycopath. That is why I decided to stay away from the school unable to play along with his attitude." He explained and then continued as he looked at me intensely, "You have to move fast and since you found all the elementors, now, you need to find your protectors."