Chapter 13

The conference room table was very long oval one. Carlos was seated at the head, my father and me were on the left side while Philips, Kevin and Lorie were on the right.

For the whole documents reading and signing she did not even spare me a look. But me on the other hand, I could not stop stealing glares at her. I were not even aware what was happening around me nor I was paying attention to the business meeting.

After the signing, she was the first to stand up and leave. Making an excuse to use the washroom, I followed her towards the elevator.

"Lorie." I call her from behind and she just ignore my calling and went inside the lift ready to close the door. I rushed inside before the door close and press on the stop button. It's great time we have a talk now.

She just stared straight at me wearing no expression on her face.

"Lorie, why are you avoiding me? It's been 6 months since am looking for you. I want to apologize for everything I did please." I pleaded almost defeated.

"Lorie please talk to me, scream at me or even beat me but please don't ignore me. Please am extremely sorry for what I did."

After nearly a few minutes later. I heard her speak. God I miss this voice.

"You asked for my forgiveness,... I will not give it so now leave am running late for my meeting."

"Lorie please don't do this."

"Ohh when Mr Jake Levis do this it is consider okay but when Lorie Ellis do this then it is not."

I was speechless by her statement. Well she was right in what she was saying.

"You wanted to talk Jake so fine we will talk right here, right now." she stated in a very authoritative tone just like her father. This is a first am seeing this side of her. When she used to work with me she has never utter a word nor order me.

"So we will start to the beginning Jake Levis, the hot bachelor...no the JERK who judge people without knowing them. The jerk who in the past was in love with a girl but the girl turn out to be a gold digger. The same jerk who thinks every girl is the same. And you know the amazing part, I don't even know why he torture innocent peoples who did not even do nothing to him."

Hearing those words about me from her mouth made me see the monster I have become. No words seem to come out from my mouth.

" I was almost raped Jake all because of you. " she whisper the last part.

I got on my knee and begged her.
" Sorry Lorie. "

"Being sorry won't change anything that I had endured because it was not you who was assaulted so you will never know how I am feeling. I had only a dream to be independent and start my career on my own feet without my family help but thanks to you, you have snatch this from me."

She pressed the door button, and she walk away from me leaving me on my knees.

The ride with my father was a complete silent until he decided to speak.

" So you spoke with her. " turning my head at him, I realise something.

" You knew since the beginning who she was and you still dumped her on me." I accused him.

"Yes, Carlos and I are school friends, he had already informed me about her daughter looking for a job but Lorie was not aware on this. So I became happy when he asked me to look after her. Then I became a bit selfish I wanted Lorie to become my daughter in law that why I asked her to be your secretary in this way you two could become more closer but I did not know because of your stupid brain you would screw this. "

I was totally shocked at my father statement. He processed to open his briefcase and hand me a card, a marriage invitation card.

I opened it and read it.
YOU ARE INVITED TO THE WEDDING OF MY BELOVED DAUGHTER LORIE ELLIS TO DANIEL MILLER.

ON SATURDAY 30 JANUARY 2021.

I could not read further as if suddenly my world has collapsed. I have lost her forever because of my stupidity. My father is right. How I hate myself for pushing her away. I could not hold myself anymore and just hug my father and cry my heart out.