Chapter 45

After a few hours, I woke up smiling when I saw Jake slowly walking back and forth with the baby in his arms.

He had a bright smile on his face and this warmed up my heart. I could tell Jake was very happy. Why wouldn't he be? He was a father now after all.

When Jake saw me trying very hard to sit up, he quickly placed the little one in the crib and rushed towards her.

Holding my hand, he helped me up and asked, "How are you feeling?"

"I am fine Jake."

Jake sighed and pulled me into his embrace, "I was scared, for a moment I thought that I-"

"Is everything not okay now? Stop worrying too much now."

Giving me a peck on my forehead, before inching closer and could go anywhere near my lips, a soft cry broke which made me push him away.

"Ahh my baby, I haven't seen him properly yet." I pouted.

Jake frowned and got down from the bed. Walking towards the crib, he carefully lifted the baby into his arms and murmured, "Little boy, won't you let your dad have your mom for a little while now?"

In response, the baby started crying louder.
"I will take this as a no then." before passing the baby to me.

Holding him close to my chest, I said, "oh my cute little baby." before kissing him on his forehead.

"So has daddy thought of a name?"

Jake nodded his head, "Lucas Levis." He said with a wide smile on his face.

*That is a lovely name. " I replied back.

Just then the doctor entered the room.
" Everything seems normal Mrs Levis, you can start breastfeed the little one now. " said the doctor before leaving.

Few days later...
I was getting discharged today and there was also a small family celebration at my house.

Everyone was making preparations and was having a hard time finding a suitable gift for Lucas.

My father quickly sent the crib which he had custom made for his grandson early in the morning at my house.

Everybody was super excited to play and carry the little baby around. Today Max will finally meet his little brother Lucas. The arrival of a child surely brought immense happiness and joy with them.