Chapter 44

"Mrs Levis is alright and congratulations, it's a baby boy. The nurse is cleaning him right now so you can meet him afterwards. We will shift the baby and Mrs Levis into the room very soon." the doctor told me before leaving.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Lorie was okay and that was the only thing I wanted. Crashing on the bench, I started taking deep breaths to calm myself down. I was scared to death. Never in my entire life had I felt so anxious and nervous.

Kevin patted my shoulder, chuckled and said, "Welcome to the parenthood club life bro."

Lorie was still asleep when the nurse brought the baby inside the room.

My parents, Kevin, Julia, Lorie's father as well as Kevin parents were very excited. When her father and uncle came to know about the incident, they directly caught a flight and came here. Seeing the baby, they quickly got up in excitement.

My son was wrapped up in a small blue blanket. Walking towards the baby, my mother quickly took her grandkid from the nurse hand.

"Ahh, he is so adorable." Both my mother and Kevin's mother said lovingly looking at their grandson.

"Ahh mothers even we want to hold the baby." Julia said who was very excited to hold his nephew.

"Yes even we want to hold our little nephew." Kevin and Skylar said at the same time.

"Huh step aside all of you, first the head of the families will hold their grandson." my father said and Lorie's father nooded his head in agreement at them.

"No one will hold the baby before the father." Lorie's aunty said.

My mother nodded her head and started walking towards me.

"Here son, hold your son." My mother said before teaching me how to do that. I usually carry Max but my baby was so tiny.

When I saw the squishy little thing in my arms, I felt overwhelmed, happy and scared at the same time. I panicked even more when my cute little one snuggled closer.

My heart bloomed in happiness when my little son broke out a small smile.
Bending down, I lightly kissed his forehead.

"Okay now, start passing the baby to us." Kevin said.

After everyone got a chance to hold the baby, my mother literally threw everyone out of the room. Grumpily and reluctantly, everyone left but assured that they would come back after a few hours.