Chapter 15

"Can I have this dance with you?" I extended my hand towards her. She was standing near her father. Her father was busy talking with others people not really worrying about her.

Kevin and Julia were already dancing. I could not stop myself from going to her. I needed to know what is happening in her life and I also want to know if she has forgive me after these times.

She watched my hand in a confuse expression, debating within herself whether she should agree or not. Finally she put her hand in mine and I guide her to the dance floor.

I feel so unsure as I take your hand and lead you to the dance floor,..... George Micheal song was being played by the Dj.

It is a romantic song which is slow couple dance. So I wrapped my hands on Lorie waist making her to come closer to my chest and she put her hands behind my neck.

I could see Kevin watching us from the corner with a dark expression but I ignored him. It is my time with my angel, the rest can wait.

We danced till the song finished. During all the dance, she was avoiding looking in my eyes. Finally I muster my courage and asked her.

"Where is Daniel?"

"Daniel is no more in my life." she just turn and went to Kevin where I saw him hug her and kiss her forehead leaving me totally shocked and confused.

What does she mean no more, he divorce her? but why?! Both seems happy together. Daniel was a genuine person. Oh God, so many unanswered question. I need to find out soon.

When I came back to reality, she was already gone from the party.

"Son, we have a lunch meeting with Mr Ellis tomorrow at his hotel so be prepared." said my father by patting my back.

I went home before the party ended, I was too exhausted by today events, my flight, the party but the amazing part was Lorie. I could not stop smiling thinking of her.