Chapter 11

I could not sleep the whole night worrying about Lorie. Now am on my way to her apartment to check on her. I even bought her flowers. They said flowers brighten the mood and I just want her to smile now. I will apologize for everything I have done to her. I hope she will forgive me.

Am feeling damn nervous. I knock on the door to be opened by Julia.

"What do you want?" she asked me in an angry tone.

"Well good morning to you too, am here to see Lorie."

"After what you done to her I should have kill you with my own hand bastard. Thanks to you, you have shattered all her dreams."

"Julia, listen am extremely ashamed of what I have done but let me see Lorie, I want to apologize to her. " I said to her in a pleading tone.

"It's too late Mr Jake Levis, she already gone now."

"Gone where?" I asked confusely.

"It's better you leave too before I stab you with a knife, just get the hell out of here."

My mind went totally blank when the second Julia told me Lorie was gone. I don't know how I drive my way to my office. I open my office area door and could picture Lorie sitting at her desk, smiling at me. Then everything was empty the next second.

I am missing her so badly. Yes I was a total jerk for having hurt an innocent. I wished I did not do all these horrible thing with her. Now she is gone maybe forever. Thinking the forever make my heart pain.

I heard a knock on the door and I barely whisper come in but the person did hear me and open it.

It was Kevin with a murderous face looking at me.

"This is from Lorie behalf."

No good morning no friendly tones.

He dropped the letter on my desk and waited for me to read it.

Resignation letter.

I read it, it was simple only a sentence she was resigning due to personal reason. And I know the reason is me.

"If there any compensation to be paid just tell me I will settle it."

"How.. w is she Kevin?"

"None of your concern bastard. And by the way Jake, from now on we are no more on friendship level only professional one."

And then he just turned his back on me and left.