Chapter 18

2 weeks later....

Today is my wedding day with Lorie. Our parents had made all arrangements for the wedding. It will be only a small family affairs with some close friends.

After my lunch with Kevin the other day, I asked Lorie to meet me but she always declined. We did meet for families dinner but I did not even got the chance to talk with her alone. She answers me back when I asked her questions but she doesn't talk much as she used to before. She is always quiet. Firstly I need to heal her that's why after the wedding, I have decided to take her away on my private island so as nobody can disturb us. We will stay as long as she wants. I have left my company in the hands of my father and Kevin.

(Lorie wedding dress)

(Jake wedding suit)

She was looking gorgeous in her wedding dress. I could not take my eyes off her. After our vows exchange, we were gathered in the hotel garden for the dinner reception. I was counting the times when I will get her alone for me and trust me, it was a long wait. The party seems to never end and Skyler was laughing at my misery.

Even Kevin and Julia was teasing me. I could not take it anymore, so I just got up from my seat and clap my hand to gain everyone attention.

"Excuse me Ladies and Gentlemen, I know we are all having a great time but I am sorry to announce to you all that my wife and I have a flight to catch so please excuse us."

I took Lorie hand and began to walk to our car.