Chapter 37

Today will be my last appointment with the doctor as I am 9 months pregnant already. Time fly so fast. Right now both Jake and me are getting ready to go for my check up at the hospital. Since I became pregnant, he never missed going on every appointments I had.

"Aaouch...." I scream again.

I sat down on the bed rubbing my belly.

"What happened, the baby is kicking again?" Jake asked while putting on his shoes.

I nodded my head and he placed his palm on my belly caressing it gently.

"Baby, don't trouble mama much." and he bend to kiss my forehead.
"Ready, let's go." he made me stand up, take my hand into his and headed at the door.

The check up went well. The doctor said I could give birth anytime now which made Jake worried as he does not want to leave me alone in this situation. I somehow convinced him to go to his important meeting today which he reculantly agreed.

We parted in the parking area of the hospital. He took his car and drive himself work. He left me the other car with the driver. Suddenly I had a craving for cheesecake and luckily there was a pastry shop just in front of the hospital. I asked the driver to wait here before walking away.

All the cakes in this pastry was so mouth watering. They smell so good. At the end, I could not settle only for cheesecake, I had 2 Chocolate donuts too. Feeling happy I could fulfill my wish, I make my way out.

As I was about to cross the road to the parking, I felt something pointing at my back.

"Long time no see Mrs Levis."

I turned to see the least person I would expect totally shocked.

"P- patty!!!"