☦︎︎ 26 ☦︎︎

"So you get to stay here a bit longer?!" says Mark jumping up with joy.

"Yep!" Haechan matches his energy.

Mark smiles wide and feels his heart beating out of his chest. All of a sudden, Mark engulfs Haechan in a deep hug, smiling all the while. He picks him up and starts to spin with him, making Haechan giggle. The two laugh together and hug for a long while before they eventually separate.

"You missed me that much?" asks Haechan, smiling at the giddy Mark.

Mark nods to the boy before remembering something. "Come with me," he says, gently grabbing Haechan's hand.

"Where are we going?" Haechan asks cutely, clasping his fingers around Mark's hand in response.

"You'll see," he smiles at the other, "But you have to keep holding my hand, okay? Or else you won't be able to keep up."

~

Haechan runs with Mark and follows him to their destination. He already recognised the route and started to get excited thinking about where they were going.

"Okay, we're almost there now," says Mark, coming to a stop. "Haechan?"

"Mhmm?"

"Do you know where we are?"

Haechan smiles wide and nods in response. After seeing his reaction Mark smiles wide at the cute Haechan in front of him. Haechan grabs Mark's hand and the two run around the corner and down the steps to the small and secluded beach that Haechan had shown Mark before.

"I love the beach so much!" said Haechan excitedly.

"We can have some fun here to celebrate that you're back!"

Haechan opens his eyes wide and engulfs Mark in another hug. "Really?"

"Mhmm!" Mark hugs back, feeling his heart racing against Haechan's chest.

~

Some hours have gone by and it was starting to get dark. The two had been having fun on the beach all day, playing in the sea, building sandcastles, and just laughing and enjoying their time with each other.

They sit together, Haechan enjoying the ocean view but Mark enjoying the view next to him. He smiles as he looks at Haechan, his fingers twitching with nervousness as he remembers why he brought him here.

Come on Mark, you've got this.

Mark can feel his heart rate double as he mentally encourages himself to ask the one thing he's been wanting to ask since the start.

"Haechan?"

Haechan turns around to look at Mark. They lock eyes and Haechan smiles at him, "Yeah?"

"Uhhh-, uh," Mark could feel his face flushing red and his heart beating out of his chest.

Haechan giggles at him, "What's up?"

"Uh," Mark gently grabs hold of both of Haechan's hands, making the younger widen his eyes. "Haechan?"

"Yes, Mark?" Haechan briefly looks at their hands and then back into Mark's eyes.

"Uh, I like you lots," Mark manages to utter, his heart beating ferociously inside his chest.

Haechan tilts his head at Mark's sudden confession before smiling, "Oh, that's good. I like you lots as well!" He innocently responds.

Mark smiles back at him awkwardly, "Uh, I mean I like you differently than that..."