⚡18

"Forgive me."

Jimin looked at his friend. The distance between them felt like miles. He didn't know him anymore. But as the blue haired man stood there, broken, Jimin felt his heart shatter to pieces. Tears cascaded down Taehyung's face as his body shook with waves of sobs.

He had come home. He said Yoongi had spoken to him and told him the truth. He had come home and apologized profusely to Jimin for believing his deceitful boyfriend. Or ex boyfriend, rather. He wanted forgiveness. He wanted his bestfriend back. After shutting him out for weeks, he was back, begging Jimin to overlook his mistakes.

Mistakes that had hurt Jimin. Mistakes that had hurt Jimin to his core. Mistakes that could not be righted because the lies now lived in other people's minds. For days Jimin had to block out names, whispers, taunting. He had nothing left to offer. 

They had hunted him down and tore at him piece by piece. Truth be told, he couldn't shut them out, so he had listened. He had listened as they tarnished his reputation; his personality. They scarred him. They cut him deep with their words until he bled out...and died.

He was a shell of who he was.

College had beat the shit out of him and he was ready to give up and leave it all behind. And that was exactly what he was about to do as he stood by the door of his dorm, bags packed, ready to walk out.

He looked at Taehyung, "I hope you enjoy the Christmas break Tae." He didn't have anything left. He looked away, knowing if he stood there any longer his kind heart would pest him into staying. It would plead with him to be there for his friend, even though he hadn't been there for him in the previous weeks. Jimin walked out, bags weighing him down, and shut the door.

He hadn't told anyone he didn't plan to come back next semester. But he was ready to go home. He would miss Jungkook, Jin and Joon. But they would have each other. A part of him would miss Taehyung too. But apparently things had changed. He was alone.

He gripped Rock Bison in his fingers as he walked to the school's exit.

"Jimin!"

He stopped and closed his eyes. The one person he didn't want to see, was calling out to him. He turned around.

"Tiny, you're leaving?"

Jimin just nodded. He couldn't find his words. His gaze found doe eyes that he had grown to adore.

Jungkook was in his normal black attire, beanie, hoodie, jeans and boots. It had grown on Jimin and he thought he was gorgeous. He loved how the dark clothing contrasted his skin and his personality when you got to know him.

"For how long?" JK asked as he walked up to him with a frown. "You look a little upset. Are you okay?"

The last couple days Jungkook had been there for Jimin, always. Something had changed between them. Jungkook seemed a little distracted but a little kinder than usual, nicer even. Jimin didn't know if it was because he himself had become a little distant or more reserved. And he was grateful but Jungkook didn't know half of what was going on, because Jimin hadn't told him.

"I...I don't know. And I'm fine. Just overwhelmed. I haven't really spoken to my mom much since I left." Jimin forced a small smile.

An unknown number had been taunting him. Threatening his wellbeing.

You better watch your back bitch.

I swear, you'll get what's coming to you.

I'll expose you for the whore that you are.

Does anyone know that you're a fraud?

Scared? Is that why you're not responding? You should be bitch.

Jimin hadn't responded to any of them. He wondered if it had been wrong number. But as his days went by he heard persons talking about him in the same way.

On one hand he wanted to know who it was, but on another hand he really didn't want to. It was obviously someone on campus and he was leaving so maybe they would stop.

"You didn't tell me you were going to leave though. I guess it's expected since most people do but...you never said anything." Jungkook leaned on the wall by the gate, crossing his arms and looking questioningly at the amount of bags Jimin had.

"Oh, yeah. My bad. I would have texted you, I guess." Jimin shrugged as he squirmed under the taller's gaze. He could feel Jungkook using his eyes to peel away his walls to the secrets that he held. And if he pried much longer, Jimin might just break down and tell him. There was something about Jungkook, but Jimin knew he could trust him. But what was the sense? He was leaving anyway, there was no need to worry the raven haired male. He would be better off without him anyway. Plus it would give Jimin the chance to forget the feelings that had started brewing in him for the older.

"A text? I don't even warrant a proper goodbye?"

Jimin looked down, "I'm sorry. I should go." He quickly turned away, not wanting to see the hurt in Jungkook's eyes.

"Jimin stop." JK bounded forward and gripped Jimin's arm. "For the past couple days I've tried to be there for you. I know it's been rough for you but...I'm here Tiny. You know I am. So just talk to me."

Jimin whipped around, "Talk to you about what? There's nothing to say Jungkook. You don't have to worry about me. I know I'm soft and all but you don't have to worry about me anymore." Jimin pulled his arm away and quickly turned and walked away, leaving a confused Jungkook behind.

Jimin sighed. Nothing in his life was going right. Who knew college would be such a new ball game? People were unnecessarily mean and didn't mind their own damn business. The teachers didn't seem to care if you passed or failed and to be honest, Jimin was just miserable and worried.

"Oh look, if it isn't Homewrecker himself. Where are the skimpy clothes, huh?"

Jimin glanced beside him to see a small group of students walking alongside him. He was tired of everyone calling him a homewrecker. He was dying to know who had started that rumour in the first place.

One of the girls in the group laughed, "You mean his slutty clothes? Like, who dresses like that anyway? It's like he's just begging for attention."

They all laughed, "Well I guess he tried to get it from Hobi."

"All of you better fucking shut it! He's not a fucking homewrecker or a slut or whatever the hell else you call him. And if I ever hear anyone spew that nonsense again I will personally make your lives a living hell! Get away from him!"

Everyone turned to the angry voice that boomed through the air.

Jimin's heart thundered in his chest as he watched the man who had defended him. His heart swelled a little and his eyes burned. He could feel his lips and hands trembling. 

He cursed himself for being so soft hearted. But why did words have to sting so badly?