⚡40 Final⚡

Five Years Later...

"I can't believe this." Jimin twirled, taking in the view around him. For the first time ever, he felt independent. He felt...adult. He had moved into a new apartment with his college love. He had a great job as a choreographer in a successful company. His boyfriend was also very successful and was an executive producer, director and everything in between for music videos.

"Well believe it, Tiny. You're stuck with me now." Jungkook grinned as he caught Jimin's waist, bringing him close to him.

Jimin smiled sweetly, "I'd have it no other way. I'm just so happy. I just...I can't believe I wanted to give up...I-"

"But you didn't. That's all that matters." Jungkook bent to nuzzle into the crook of Jimin's neck.

"I didn't because I had you pushing me every step of the way." Jimin hummed, thinking back to four years ago.

After he had been released from the hospital he was basically helpless. It took months for him to recover and even when he did, it was never fully because he kept pushing to go back to dancing.

He had made it worse for himself because he had started over exerting himself which made his leg strain. He remembered begging his PT to give him the go ahead to dance, but over and over, he had refused. And without his PT's consent, he couldn't go back to school yet.

It had frustrated Jimin to no end. The pink haired boy had gotten so angry he had set out to prove he was fine but ended up spraining in his other ankle instead. Jungkook had been livid and didn't visit him for two weeks. Everyone had been disappointed in him. But what was worse, he had been more disappointed in himself. So disappointed that he had slipped into depression. He wouldn't eat, sleep or do anything for that matter.

Life itself had slowly began to pass him by. Jungkook had gotten a job and he was so immersed in himself he didn't even check his phone to know. Jin and Namjoon had moved back to their home town and Jin had found a job while Namjoon was busy trying to get a business plan together. Although he and Taehyung weren't as close as before, he had told him goodbye when he left for Europe where he had gotten a small modelling gig. He hadn't heard anything about Yoongi or Hoseok. Not that it bothered him that much at the time. But after a month or so of being pissed at the world, Jungkook had gotten a week off and came to bitch slap his senses back into him. Well...not literally, but he did just that.

After that he had gotten back on track with his physical therapy. Then a few months later he was cleared to go back to school. When he did, he excelled and graduated the top of his class. He had been so proud of himself, especially with everything he had gone through. He rarely thought of 'the incident'. After Katherine had been sentenced, they never really talked about it again. When they did, they called it 'the incident'. Back then Jimin had had a lot of thoughts about it. He wondered how someone could be so vindictive and conniving. He thought back to Taehyung's explanation when he had first found out the person who hurt him was Katherine.

Flashback

"It was Katherine." 

"What!?" Everyone yelled in unison.

Jungkook stepped forward and pushed Taehyung, "You're such a coward! Just man up and admit to your mistakes and stop lying!"

"Back off you blind gullible fuck! This is all your fault!" Taehyung shouted, pointing an accusing finger at Jungkook.

"What the hell are you saying Taehyung?" Jungkook growled threateningly.

"Katherine hurt Jimin because of you!"