Chapter 11

Dylan and I get to Creamers, the most amazing ice cream place ever!!! So good.

We sit down at one of the booths and wait for our waiter to come. Yes, this is a fancy ice cream place they serve you!

After a little bit of talking a short black waiter comes our way (don't take that as being racists) by the way she looked she look like a very bouncy, and full of life kinda girl.

"Hey I'm Debbie I'm gonna be your waiter-" she looks up finally, "wait a minute! Don't you go to my school? Becca? Right?"

I look at her closely trying to figure out who she is because to be honest I had no clue. "Um ya it's Becca. Hey...Debbie?"

She just starts bursting out laughing, and let me tell you it was hard for me to not laugh too because her laugh was loud, not in the annoying way but in the fun way. It was also such a unique laugh. I sneak a glance at Dylan who, also, was trying to stop himself from laughing. But unlike me, he didn't do such a great job of hiding it.

"You don't remember me do you?" She asks still laughing. To be honest I would think she would be mad or offended but she wasn't she found t amusing.

"No I'm sorry but I think I would remember your laugh!" I say laughing.

"Ya don't you like it? It's what attracts all the guys!" We all start to laugh because she was saying it in a way that it wasn't true and as a joke not like 'ya all the guys like me look at me' I like this Debbie girl!

"Ok so what can I get you guys?" She asked us, recovering from her laughing fit.

"Um I'll get triple scoop, chocolate chip cookie dough." Dylan states and looks over at me so I can order.

"I'll get a vanilla ice cream, 2 scoops please-"

"-that's what you getting?" Dylan interrupts, "your so boring."

"Shush! Let me finish! I will get a vanilla ice cream WITH chocolate sauce, whip cream, gummy worms, and a cherry on top please?" I look over at Dylan, "now what were you saying?"

Debbie laughs at us and tells us our orders will be out in a minute. I look over at Dylan and realize he was staring at me.

"What?" I ask...I swear this boy is so confusing. Whenever he stares at me I'm not sure if he thinking about me, some other girl, or a cheeseburger!

"Nothing...." He looks away across the store and he starts smiling. I look over and see what he's smiling at.

It's this old couple probably in their 70's. The older man just put his finger in his ice cream and then tapped the old lady's nose. She squirmed but laughed anyways. Then he wiped it off and then kissed her nose lightly.

That. That's what I want. I want to have that kind alive that last forever not the kinda love whee you date and the break up...

Dylan looks back and me and smiles. I just smile back. That was one of the cutest things I had ever seen!

"I want a love like that..." Dylan's looks straight into my eyes.

"Me too..." I say looking away.

***

"Hey want to come over to my house?" Dylan asks me.

"Um I don't know I should be getting back..." I say nervously, I had only been to his house once but I feel like it would be different this time.

"Ok..." He says a little too disappointed that I couldn't come.

"Well I guess I could come for just a little while." I say and I see his face instantly brighten.

"Ok let's go!" He grabs my hand and walks me to the car. We had just gotten out of the ice cream parlour, after saying bye to Debbie and her giving me her number. Debbie is actually so much fun. In the little time we talked I could tell she was confident, fun to be around, always happy, and super energetic! I love those kinda people.

We got into the car and started off to his house. On the way he talked about his family. Funny thing was that his voice changed when he talked about his parents. It became very stern and it felt to me like he didn't want to talk to them. But I'm sure I was just imagining it.

I also caught onto how he spoke about his younger brother, Pete. He wasn't that much younger, he was in grade nine. His voice became soft and caring. I could tell he really loved his brother just by the way he talked about him.

He also had a younger sister around the age of thirteen. Her name was Clara. By the way Dylan described her, she was always very happy, very bubbly and always giving compliments to people. She seemed like a really sweet girl.

When the house gets in sight I can see Dylan's knuckles clench around the steering wheel. What is that about?

We get to the house and park the car int he driveway. I was about to get out but then see Dylan just sitting there not moving.

"What's wrong?" I ask him. He was the one who wanted to come to his house and now he worn even get out of the car.

"Nothing. Let's go in. My parents must be home...their cars are here"

We hop out of the car and up the sideway to go to the door. We were about to go in when Dylan stops me.

"Becca I need to warn you about something before we go in..."