Chapter 3

The bell rings, which means it's time to go home. Finally! This day took so long. This day was pretty crappy, except for science of course. I got my math test back in second period and I had failed it, then during lunch I tripped and fell and got my salad all over my shirt! Thankfully, Sophia had a shirt I could borrow. She is a lifesaver. But still I was embarrassed. And now I get to go home, take a shower and then go to dinner with my mother! I have been dreading this all day.

I get home and no one was home. Will was probably still on the bus ride home and dad was probably still at work. I quickly hop into the shower.

When I was done I pulled a tower around my hair and went to my closet to find something to wear. I wasn't sure where my mother was taking me to dinner so I should dress up slightly just in case. It was also fall so I needed something warm. I pulled out a black dress that came to about mid thigh and found a burgundy cling sleeves crop top. I also found some black tight to go with it and a pair of black high heals. It was a perfect outfit. It could be something I wear to a causal dinner or a fancy one.

After I straightened my hair once again and did my make up, it was already 5:45. That meant I needed to leave now so I could get to my mothers house for 6:00.

I run downstairs and grab my keys. I go out side and start the car.

When j got to her house it was exactly 6:03 oh whatever it was just a couple minutes she won't mind. Right?

I go up to her door, knock and what patiently. When the door opens there stands my mother in sweatpants and a t shirt.

"What are you doing here Becca?" She asks. Seriously?

"We are going to dinner remember? You called dad a couple days ago to set this up." Did she seriously forget? That's is just stupid. "But I see you aren't ready so I will just go home and eat with dad and Will." I turn on my heel to go back to my car.

"WAIT! Becca wait," she runs over to me before I can get into the car. "I remember now. I did ask for this and I really want to go to dinner with you."

"Too bad the feelings not mutual," I snap back. I never even wanted to come here in the first place.

"Becca please. Come inside and then i will get ready it will only take me 10 minutes. Please Becca..." My mother pleads.

"Fine..." I agree reluctantly. We both go inside and she motions toward the couch for me to sit down. The tv was already on because she was watching it before I came and 'interrupted' her.

"I will be back in 15 minutes," she said before running upstairs. I look around. It is a huge mess. Beer cans everywhere, food from who knows how long ago, and clothes everywhere. It was disgusting!

25 minutes later, yes 10/15 minutes later than she said she was gonna be she came down the stairs and we headed out the door.

It was silent on the car ride there and I was happy for that I did not want to talk to my mom. I wanted to get this over with as fast as I could. We got to the restaurant and headed inside. When we were seated and our orders had been taken that's when my mom starts to talk with me.

"So how is school?" She asked me.

"Fine"

"How's your father and Will?"

"Fine" I replied with the same answer

"Sweetie please give me more than one word answers" did she just call me sweetie?!

"They are fine" I reply. See that is three words, I think I deserve a metal!

"Did u get your math test back?" Of course she is gonna ask me about my worse subject and she knows it.