Chapter 1

I wake up to my alarm going off. I look over and my clock reads 6:30 am. This is way to early! Why do I have to get up and go to school? I hear a knock at my door and my dad walks in,

"Becca. Time to wake up. You can't be late for school again!"

He shuts the door and I groan. I hate school. The last two days I have been late and my dad was not happy at all. I hear my door open again,

"Dad I heard you I will get up in two minutes"

All of a sudden I heard a load shout and someone jumping on me!

"Time to wake up! Time to wake up!" My 9-year-old brother, Will, chanted while jumping on me!

"Will!!! Get off me! And shut up!" I yell, pushing him off me.

He runs out of my room before I can hurt him anymore or tell our dad. I finally get up because now of that shouting and jumping I'm actually awake. I get up and go to the bathroom, I take a shower and get ready for school. I go to my closet and try to figure something to wear today.

"I have nothing to wear!" I say looking into my closet full of clothes.

I think every girl has this struggle, having a closet full of clothes yet still nothing to wear! I look through my clothes one last time, before I pick out a black tank top with a plaid shirt and black leggings. I go to my drawers that are filled with scarves and beanies. I have an obsession. I pull out a black beanie to match my outfit.

I go and look in the mirror. I looked ok I guess. My hair was brown, it was also an awkward length where it wasn't quite lower back but it wasn't shoulder length either. My hair is usually really frizzy but I always straighten it or curl it. Today I decided to straighten it. I look at my reflection in the mirror. I hated my body so much! My thighs were huge, my tummy had more fat for my liking and I hated that I was more than 100 pounds. I had recently gained weight and I hated myself for it! But you know the one and probably about only thing I liked about my body were my eyes. Big blue eyes. My dad always called me blue eyes because I take after him with the blue in colour.

"Becca! Come on ur gonna be late! And you still have to eat!" My dad called from down stairs, interrupting my thoughts.

"Coming dad!" I called down to him and ran down stairs. "Bye dad!" As I was trying to rush out the door.

"Hey wait!" I stop in my tracks, "you haven't eaten anything yet" my dad said.

"I'm getting something with Skylar" Skylar was my best friend. She was tall, blonde hair, and unlike me, super smart. She was absolutely gorgeous. We met in grade 9 the first week of school and we have stuck by each other sides this whole time.

"Ok have a great day at school blue eyes" my dad says to me with a smile on his face.

"Ya have fun loser!" Will says with a grin on his face.

"Byeee!" I yell to my family. I take my keys out of my pocket and unlock my car. I got it for my 16th birthday. It was from my dad, grandparents, friends, aunts, uncles, cousins everyone chipped in to get me it. I was so happy when I saw it in my grandparents drive way with a big red bow on it for me.

I get in and start the car, but before I can drive off I hear a knock on my door window. It was my dad. I role down the window to see what he wants now.

"Don't forget your mom wants to take you out for dinner tonight. She called and just wanted to take you out, not Will." Ughhh I did NOT want to go to dinner with my mom and especially just me and her! You know how awkward that would be!?

"Ok dad bye see you later!" I role back up my window and drive off to school.

Why did I have to do this with my mom? She was the one who left my dad when I Will was 2 months old and I was 8 and then come back 8 (almost nine years) later and expects everything to be fine. It's was never fine, it is never fine, and it will never be fine!