Meeting Mum

A/N: Written by tato! Also, I just wanted to say that I am not actually from the U.K, but I want to write as if I was to fit with the story.

Dan's P.O.V. Saturday

The next morning, I woke up at 6:45, determined. I ran downstairs, where my mum was sitting, reading a magazine.

"Morning," mum said without looking up. I sat down across from her, and, seeing as she was SO engrossed in her reading, I started to finger out a piano piece on the table. She looked up.

"Dan, can you please NOT drum your fingers on the table?" she asked angrily.

"Mum, we need to talk," I said, taking a shaky breath.

"What about?"

"I want you to meet my friend, Phil," I said. She raised her eyebrows in amusement.

"Why would I do THAT? I don't want you to hang out with him, and I certainly don't want to hang out with him," she said as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I want you to see how nice he is, and how he's still a person, no matter what sexual orientation he is," I said.

"Fine. But I DOUBT meeting him will change my mind," she said as she reopened her magazine. I turned on my phone. It was only 7:00, but I decided to call Phil.

Phil's P.O.V.

I was woken up at 7:00 by my phone's shrill ringtone. I groggily answered,

"Hello?"

"PHIL! I NEED YOU TO GET DOWN TO MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW! MY MUM AGREED TO MEET YOU AND YOU NEED TO GET HERE BEFORE YOUR SISTER'S PARTY STARTS!" Dan shouted in my ear.

"Ok, give me a little bit. Should I go to the front door this time?" I asked.

"Yes," Dan said as he hung up. I quickly got dressed, in a plain t-shirt and skinny jeans. I combed my hair neatly, and slipped on matching socks I shuddered at the thought, but I wanted to make a good first-impression. I pulled on my red Converses and speed-brushed my teeth. I skipped breakfast; there would be plenty of food at the party. I bolted out the door.

~

I arrived at his house at 7:30, since there wasn't much traffic. I rang the doorbell, and waited. I heard footsteps, and a grumpy woman answered and looked at me. Ok, looked DOWN on me; she was a GIANT!

"Hello, Mrs.Howell. I'm Philip Lester, but you can call me Phil," I said with a smile on my face. She just grumbled and said,

"Take off your shoes on the way in." I pulled my sneakers off and put them next to Dan and his mum's. I went into the living room, where Dan and his mum were sitting on a couch. There was an empty cushion next to Dan, where he gestured for me to sit.

"So, Phil, how are you?" his mum asked.

"I'm good, you?"

"I'm good, thanks. So, I see you've invited my son to play the piano at a party," she said.

"Well, I heard him playing in the studio, and my sister needed a pianist. So, I put out the offer, and he agreed," I answered. Mrs.Howell looked me over, her chocolate eyes sizing me up. I didn't like her.

"Um, tell me about yourself," she said.

"Well, I'm 25, I have one sister, and my father died in a car crash when I was 10," I said. Dan gasped.

Dan's P.O.V.

I had the urge to hug Phil when he said his dad was dead, but I knew my mom dissaproved.

"Well, Phil, you seem like a very nice man," said my mom. I sighed a sigh of relief.

"I hate to talk and run, but my sister's party starts and 12, and I'm supposed to help her set up at 10. I also have to pick up my tux. So, I have to excuse myself, if that's alright," Phil said.

"No problem, Phil. You go ahead," mum said. Phil left, and mum turned to me.

"I hate to say this, but I stand corrected. Phil is very nice, and I will allow you to play at his sister's party." I was dumbfounded. WHY IS SHE BEING SO NICE?!

"Thanks, mum!" I shouted as I ran to my room to practice. Thank God I had a tuxedo from my cousin's wedding last month.