Hospital (Part One)

A/N: Hello again!~tato

Phil's P.O.V.

I pulled out my phone and texted Dan.

P: I'm here. How can I get you?

Dan's P.O.V.

D: Um, I'll come out the window.

P: Good. I'll wait there.

I sighed, and figured out how I'd do this:

I'll throw a blanket down, and have it lay underneath the window. Then, I'd stick the rope out and try to climb down. So I did just that. I grabbed a blanket and threw it out.

"Phil, spread this out underneath the window!" I shouted. He did. I flung the rope out, and then stuck my uninjured leg out. I edged out, and soon, I was inching down the rope. I muttered curse words under my breath as my leg was hurting like hell right about now. I then felt my legs slip, and I slid and fell down the rope. I braced for impact, but felt cold hands instead. I looked down, and saw that Phil had caught me.

"Th-thanks," I stuttered. Phil smiled.

"No problem." He then set me down. I winced. Phil's face showed obvious concern.

"What's the matter?"

"Um, it's my leg that hurts; I'm pretty sure it's broken," I said. Phil scooped me up again.

"Well, we can't have you walking on that leg then, can we?" Phil said as we walked towards a taxi. The driver came out, and opened the door for us.

Phil's P.O.V.

Once we were in the taxi and driving towards the hospital, I said,

"Spill. What the hell happened?" Dan smiled sheepishly, turning pale.
"Well, erm, you see...my mum got mad at me again. But she really hit me this time, with a curtain rod. So yeah..." he said, trailing off.
"Oh my God!" exclaimed Deryn. Oops; I'd forgotten she was there. Dan's face turned even whiter, almost ghostly.
"You may never tell another living soul about this. Understand?" Dan asked Deryn.
"Cross my heart."
~
Dan's P.O.V.
The drive to the hospital was a blur, mostly because I kept slipping in and out of consciousness. Because of the pain. I remember being jarred from my dreamlike state with my head on Phil's shoulder, and felt him fixing my hair. Once he saw my eyes flutter open, he awkwardly folded his hands in my lap. I went to tell him it was ok, but everything went black.
Phil's P.O.V.
"Deryn, go. He keeps passing out," I called from the backseat, my voice becoming frantic. Only moments ago, Dan had caught me stroking his hair. Ugh. I shook that thought aside, keeping in mind the big picture. I felt Deryn's acceleration with each passing minute. Finally, we pulled into the parking lot. I grabbed Dan, who was out cold, and lugged him into the E.R. A slim nurse came over to us.
"Can you help me? He probably has a broken leg, and he's out at the moment," I said to her.
"I see." She pushed a few buttons on a walkie talkie, and not soon enough, a stretcher came and took Dan away, behind gleaming double doors. I held back tears as I sat in a hard plastic chair. Oh God, I hope he'll be ok.