The Party (part 2)

A/N: Written by tato

Dan's P.O.V.

"So, now, if you are done eating, we are going to begin the music and dancing. Hit it Dan!" Clari said, and I played. I started with an upbeat jazz song to get people on the dance floor. Sure enough, by the end of the song, everyone was on the dance floor. Well, everyone except Phil and some other girls. I then played a lullaby-type song, which made a few people sit down. I kept playing, switching from fast, to slow, to fast.

Phil's P.O.V.

Right when the music started playing, they brought out the desserts. I helped myself to some chocolate fondue, little cupcakes, and a few biscuits. I sat down and ate. After about the 4th song, mum came over.

"Care to dance?" she asked, all dramatically.

"Sure," I said as I stood. We danced a bit, and I used my moves with mum. When the song ended, she laughed and said,

"Wow, those lessons are really paying off. But, I guess you don't need them anymore."

"NO! I mean, I think it would be a nice hobby, and maybe I could take it somewhere, like a recital or an audition or something," I said hastily.

"Ok, then. It seems like you've been having fun," she said. Carissa kissed her husband, then came over to me.

"Would you like to dance?" I asked her. She giggled and nodded. We spun about, and I dipped and swung her around.

"Wow! You are so good at this!" she giggled as she spoke.

Dan's P.O.V.

At 4:30, Clarissa came over to me, and said,

"You can help yourself to some dessert. The dance floor's empty."

"Thanks, this was really fun," I said as I stood up and grabbed my folder. I helped myself to the few desserts that were left: some mushy strawberries and a couple biscuits. I sat next to Phil, who had a mini cupcake still on his plate. He smiled, and gave it to me.

"I knew you wouldn't get anything good, so I saved this for you," he said.

"Thanks, but you don't have to," I said. He just pushed it towards me and nodded. I grumbled, but took it. It was tasty. At 4:50, the caterers started cleaning up the food and Clarissa's family started cleaning up the tables. Phil started to help, so I did too. After all of the tables were all folded up and all of the food was packed in boxes, I went over to Phil, who handed me £100. I quickly handed it back.

"Phil! I said I didn't need to be paid! I can't accept this!"

"But I WANT you to take it! Really, Clari insisted! So, please take it," he said as he handed it back. I sighed, but stuck it in my pocket.

"Thank you so much, but I really don't need this much..."I said as I pulled the note out of my pocket.

"Just take it!" Phil shouted. I laughed and put it back.

"Well, I've got to be home for dinner, so..." I said as I pulled on my jacket. Phil waved, and I skittered out the door.