The First Lesson

A/N: Written by tato and ily :3

Dan's P.O.V.

The clock read 4:55.

"We have time to go through the routine one more time," I said to Chelsea, the petite, blonde, Swedish girl I taught.

"Ok." I hit the stereo power button and the music started. We glided about the studio, twirling and twisting in time to the music. There was one place where she messed up, but it's fixable.

"I think you'll do great at your recital next week," I said once the song ended. The groaned and threw up her hands.

"I know I'll go great! It's Felipe I'm worried about! He's the worst partner EVER!" she yelled, her shriek echoing off the vast walls of the studio. I shrugged, then the clock buzzer went off. It was 5:00.

"Goodbye Daniel!" she called to me as she walked out the doors. As she exited, a short, black haired boy walked in, wearing black glasses and a Pikachu t-shirt.

"Hi," he said, "am I in the right place? Are you Daniel?" he asked, reading from a piece of paper.

"Um, yes. But you can call me Dan. Are you Phillip?" I asked.

"Yeah. But, I prefer Phil, he said, looking up.

Phil's P.O.V.

I looked up to study my new teacher. He had chestnut hair in a similar style as mine, deep chocolate brown eyes, deep dimples, and a handsome figure. He was HOT. But, not really my style, no offense. So at least it wouldn't be too awkward. But, it must be for him, if he knows that I'm gay. He looked at me, focusing on my feet.

"What? Did I wear the wrong shoes?" I asked, looking at my black Converse high-tops.

"No, it's just, no offense, but they're so...big," he said, almost astonished. I looked at my feet, embarrassed.

"Sooo, anyway, what's your story?" Dan asked, obviously changing the subject.

"Um, I'm 25, I have a sister named Clarissa, and I'm new with this whole 'dancing' thing. Also, I'm obsessed with lions, Pokemon, and collecting mugs. Except, I just dropped the whole box that contained my mug collection, so I went from 145 to 11, I mean, 10," I said.

"What's yours?" I asked.

"Um, I'm 20, I-"

"Wait, you're 20?! But-"

"I used to do a lot of plays back in school, and the directors noticed that I had an 'amazing' dance talent. So, my parents took me to audition to London's College of Performing Arts when I was still in Year 12. And I passed the audition with flying colors. So they obviously employed me here. Also, I have an older brother named Robert," Dan said. He then walked over to a big mirror and motioned me to follow.

"First, we're gonna practice basic steps without a partner..."

~

Dan's P.O.V.

"Ok, that was pretty good," I said, amazed at how fast of a learner Phil was.

"Now, let's try it with a partner," I said, walking over to him.

~

"OUCH! That was my foot!" I yelled.

"No, the other hip!" I said to Phil.

"Phil, the OTHER shoulder!" I grumbled. The clock buzzed. It was 6:00. I sighed. Phil was pretty good on his own, but was clumsy and uncoordinated once he got with a partner.

"It the party is in, say, a week, do you think I'll be able to get the basic steps down?" Phil asked quietly.

"Um, I guess so. Like, you don't have a recital or anything, right?"

"No, it's just at a ballroom. But I probably won't dance with anyone, since my, um, since I got dumped," Phil said, nervously correcting himself.

"What's the party for, may I ask?" I asked Phil.

"Well, it's my sister Clarissa's party, and she said her and her husband Jake have a special announcement for us," he said.

"Oh. My brother is, um, still living with my parents," I said quietly. I've never told anyone that before; why did I tell Phil, who I'd just met?

"Um, I gotta go, I guess. Bye," Phil said as he walked out the doors. I clocked out, and left to go to my flat.