The Party (part 1)

A/N: Written by tato :3 And just so you know I've been marking the days to keep track of which day would be the party

Phil's P.O.V. Saturday

I drove down to "Suit Up" and picked up my suit. When I got home, I pulled it on, and grabbed my Adventure Time tie. I slipped that around my neck, and fumbled with it for a while. I then hopped in the cab and told him to go to the ballroom.

~

When I arrived, I went in the grand wooden doors and saw Clarissa there, struggling with a table. She was wearing a beautiful lilac ball gown. She was not really showing, but she did look a little chubby. When she saw me she let go of her table and ran over to me. We embraced, and she kissed my cheek.

"Where's..." I said, referring to her husband.

"He's picking up the food with some of his friends," she said. I ran over to the table and helped her move it. We arranged all of the other tables and layed silky white tablecloths over each of them. We were halfway through setting up the chairs when her husband burst through the doors carrying some of the food. Some other muscle-y guys were carrying a tray or two, along with some caterers carrying a chocolate fountain and a fondue pot. They set it on the far left table, and ran out to get drinks. They came in with large coolers with wine bottles, beer bottles, and water bottles. I checked my phone and saw that it was 10:30.

"So, how are you gonna tell everyone?" I asked. She sighed, and said,

"It's a surprise, silly! You're lucky I told you about the announcement in the first place!" she said, laughing.

~

Dan's P.O.V.

At 11:30, I left my house to go to the party. I got in the cab and arrived at 11:50. I was holding my piano folder when I walked in the door. I wasn't alone, thank God. There were a few early people talking, including a woman who looked so much like Clarissa that it was scary, who I assumed was her and Phil's mum. I stood awkwardly in the doorway until Phil saw me. He walked over, and said,

"Hey, Dan! Glad you could make it! You can put your music on the piano." I walked over, and dusted off the grubby keys. I walked back over to Phil and we chatted for a while. By now most of the guests had shown up and the food was being opened up. Clarissa clinked her knife on a glass, and said,

"Help yourself to the food!" I went over and grabbed a plate. I put a couple babyback ribs, some baby corn, baby carrots. At the end of the buffet, I grabbed a bottle of water. I looked around, and saw Phil at the family table, with an empty seat next to him. He waved me over, and told me to sit.

"Are you sure? I mean, I'm not family..." I said.

"You guys don't mind, right?" Phil asked. His family nodded. I sat down and began to eat.

"Clari, I must say, this is an interesting choice of food. Why did you choose these?" her mum asked.

"You'll find out in about 2 seconds," she said as she stood up. She grabbed her water glass, and clinked it yet again.

"Attention all guests! You've probably been wondering what this 'special announcement' is. And, I'm here to tell you. As of now, I'm one month pregnant, and the baby is due in early August," she said. The party goers erupted with applause, and her mum started crying. She gave her a hug, and sloppy kisses. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 2:55. I went to the piano, and waited for Clarissa to tell me to play.