Secrets, Sharing, and Dancing

A/N: Written by tato :3

Dan's P.O.V.

It was 4:45, and Roberto had just arrived. Chelsea was very annoyed.

"HOW COULD YOU BE THIS LATE?! OUT RECITAL IS IN 2 DAYS AND WE'VE BARELY PRACTICED!" she screamed at him.

"Sorry; MY practice ran over," he said, annoyed.

"Daniel, is there anything you can do about the CD player? It's always skippy, so we always end up off at the end of the song," she said, her sparkling eyes hopeful. I glanced over at the dusty Baby Grand piano in the corner of the room.

"Well, I kind of play the piano, and I've been practicing this piece for a while. The sheet music in in the piano bench; that's why I chose that song for you. So, since I don't have to dance with you, I'll play it," I said, embarrassed. I'd never told anyone that I played the piano. I sat down, dusted off the keys and the seat, and started to play. Roberto and Chelsea were perfect partners, minus the fact that the absolutely DESPISE each other. They were precise with their moves and glided effortlessly around the studio. I was playing through the song a second time when I heard the door open. There was Phil, with no glasses on, standing slack jawed in the doorway. I looked up at the clock. Right on cue, it turned 5:00 and the clock buzzer went off.

Phil's P.O.V.

When the clock struck 5:00, Chelsea and a tall guy with a strong jawline skittered out the door. I walked over to Dan, who was hastily putting sheet music into the seat.

"That. Was. AMAZING!" I said to Dan, who blushed and put his head down.

"You...you really think so?" he asked shyly.

"Yes! I have zero talent, where you sound like you should play for the Queen! Hey, speaking of which, would you be interested in playing at my sister's party?" I asked hopefully.

"Oh my God, no! I can barely play in front of 1 person, let along 100 people! Why would you ask, though? We've only known each other for a day," he said, confused.

"Well, my sister called me to tell me what the 'surprise announcement' was, and then she told me she still needed a pianist," I said.

"What was the announcement?" Dan asked.

"Um, she's pregnant," I said.

"OH MY GOD THEN YES I'LL DO IT!" Dan screamed.

"Why did that make you change your mind?" I asked, a bit frightened.

"I just think that babies are so cute, and I love seeing people's reactions to baby announcements. Tell your sister she has a pianist, free of charge. Letting me see pictures of the born baby will be my payment. Now, let's dance," Dan said.

"Thanks so much!" I said as Dan hit the stereo.

~

Dan's P.O.V.

Phil was much better today. We ended with 5 minutes to spare, since he had all of the basic moves down pat.

"So, when's this party?" I asked.

"Um, Saturday..." Phil said.

"SATURDAY?! I need all of the details! How many songs do I need to play, do I need to learn new ones, do I need to-" I asked frantically, but Phil cut me off.

"Why don't we call Clarissa and ask? She's done working now," he said as he pulled out an iPhone. He clicked on one of his contacts, and called her. A high, airy voice said,

"Hey Phil! What's up?"

"Hey Clari. I've found you a piano player, for free!"

"That's great! Who is it, just so I can make sure it's not a pedophile or a felon," she said, laughing.

"It's my dance instructor, Dan. Say hi, Dan," said Phil.

"Hi," I said quietly.

"Come on, Dan! I won't bite. Even if I did, we're talking on the phone, so," she said, laughing again. She seems to laugh a lot.

"Hi. I'm Dan, I guess. What are the details of the party?" I asked

"Um, it's on Saturday, 12:00-5:00. You can play whatever songs you want. Also, the dancing doesn't start 'till 3:00, and you don't have to play until then. And you can help yourself to lunch," she said. Boy, she was nice. I wonder if she looked anything like Phil.

"Great! We'll see you then!" said Phil as he hung up. The clock buzzed 6:00.

"Bye Dan! See you tomorrow!" Phil said as he walked out. I stayed a bit, to play piano. At 7:00, I clocked out and went back to my house.