House of Traps/House of Anger

Fabian ended up giving a proper proposal to Nina, and they had an official dinner in the kitchen. Alfie walked in on them, immediately spotted the food and planned to reach for it all.

"Alfie," Nina glared.

"I'll go to the fridge." Alfie withdrew his hand. "What is this anyway?" He asked this as he pulled the cold cuts out of the fridge.

Fabian cleared his throat. "I proposed."

Alfie's eyes widened and he gave an impressed look. "Congratulations, man. It's about time."

Alfie took the entire container of cold cuts and left the kitchen. Nina and Fabian rolled their eyes and resumed their dinner. They were about to interconnect their hands until they heard a scream. Amber's scream.

They hurried out the kitchen to Amber's room as did the others out of their individual rooms. They saw Amber panting and shrinking herself at the head of the bed.

"Amber, what happened?" Jerome asked quickly.

"I-I-" she stuttered.

"Amber..." Nina slowly approached her.

"It was a voice and-and the room. The presence got all chilly and it felt like someone or something was here, but I didn't see anyone."

"Well, what'd the voice say?" Eddie questioned.

"It said: 'You will die along with all your friends.'"

The room fell silent, even the breathing barely heard. Some of them swallowed heavily.

"We're all dying?" Alfie gulped.

"No, none of you, neither Eddie, nor I will die any time soon," Nina claimed. "We are not dying. Apep's just a coward. If he were really a powerful god, he'd come to us face to face."

"Nina," Eddie swallowed.

Nina looked over towards him, and in between them, right next to Joy, they saw a dark, cloaked figure. It appeared exactly how Eddie described Apep before-tall, cloaked, his hands black with hieroglyphics-it was in fact Apep.

"What's wrong?" Joy questioned nervously. "Why're you two staring at me?"

"It's not you we're staring at," Eddie admitted. "No one else can see this?"

The others were confused. Apep was standing still for the most part until he slowly lifted his arms, preparing to grab Joy.

"No!" Nina screamed.

She lunged towards Apep as Eddie called her name.

As Nina touched Apep, she disappeared in a tornado of smoke.

"What just happened?" Fabian interrogated. "Where'd she go? And what did she lunge towards?"

Eddie ignored him. "Where'd he take you, Nina?"

He panicked as he went running out the room into the main foyer. The others followed closely behind, even Amber standing up to accompany them. Eddie was instantly coming up with possibilities as to where Nina could be and assumed what could be happening.

"Eddie? What happened to her?" Fabian asked. "I need to know!"

"She fell into Apep's trap," Eddie looked up at him. "He appeared, he reached for Joy, but really he just wanted one of us to fall into his scheme so he could take us somewhere."

"Where?"

"That's what I'm trying to find out!"

Eddie breathed harshly as he paced back and forth. He pleaded that Nina could hear his thoughts and tell her where she was, but he wasn't even sure if telepathic communication was possible. But he knew he wouldn't stand for this. His hands balled into fists as they began to glow a bright yellow.

"Eddie..." Patricia said subtly.

"Apep's not getting away with this." He sounded very angry. He looked up at them. "I'll get Nina back-whatever it takes."

"Osirion..." a soft, echoey voice announced to Eddie. "Come find your Paragon. Through the trap door on the second floor. You should know where to go from there."

Eddie went running upstairs. As soon as he was out of sight, Fabian raced into his own room and pulled out the drawer, grabbing the pocket watch. Edie's hand was still in the process of moving, almost at the point of the fifth hour.

He went out to the others with the pocket watch.

"This is not good," he declared.

"Why is it still moving?" Patricia examined. "Why is he becoming more evil by the second?"

"Because Apep's manipulating him," Jerome responded. "As Eddie gets angrier, the evil side takes over. And as the evil side takes over, he's more vulnerable to getting angry."

"If he's turning evil, why does he want to save Nina?" Amber asked.

"Because he's not completely evil yet," Jerome continued. "His dark side is just anger now, but soon...it won't be."

"How do you know all this?" Joy questioned.

"I've manipulated people before. I know this stuff."

"How easy was it for you to manipulate me?" Joy suddenly said out of the blue.

"Ooh..." Alfie gasped.

"If you forgot, you manipulated me Joy, and I'd never dare do such a thing," Jerome stated matter-of-factly.

Joy fell silent.

"Guys, we don't have time for your little dispute," Patricia intruded.

"She's right," Fabian agreed. "Some of us need to go after Eddie and find Nina."

Fabian looked back at the pocket watch. Eddie's hand had just stopped right before the sixth hour. He stuck the watch inside his pocket and then looked up at the others.

"Alright. Who's coming?"

~~~~~
And a another chapter has ended! They'll have to find Nina soon or...I fear something bad will happen.(just imagine evil laughter at this moment)

What is Apep planning to do with Nina?

D you think Jerome and Joy can ever resolve everything out? Do you want them to?