House of Letting Go/House of Excitement

Joy went home a bit late that night, and as she was unlocking her door to go inside her apartment, the door behind her opened. She didn't want to turn around, but did when Erik said her name.

"Erik," Joy breathed.

"Joy, can we talk about yesterday?"

"Please don't-"

"-Joy, we're talking."

Joy swallowed, knowing she couldn't get out of this. She took the initiation of walking into his apartment and sitting down at the round wooden table of his. He closed the door and sat down as well.

Erik began by acknowledging, "So, that guy you brought home for work was also your ex-boyfriend."

"Coincidences haven't been so good for me lately," Joy sighed.

"And, he mentioned a fake boyfriend, did he not?"

Joy looked up at him from her gazing-down position. She couldn't get any words out, no matter how bad she wanted to say something.

Erik continued. "Joy, I know that fake boyfriend is me. Honestly, I'm quite honored to be your fake boyfriend. But that's not what I want to talk about."

"Then what do you want to talk about?" Joy asked shyly.

"About you...and Jerome...He's killing you; I see it now. And I know it hurts."

"Do you really know of this kind of pain?" Joy spoke in a mellow tone, her eyes becoming tearful and red just by the thought of Jerome's name.

"I do-I know it all too well...After college, I was engaged to a woman who...cheated on me with my brother. And I saw them at a coffee shop as I was passing by. They didn't see me, and I walked away before they did, but eventually, I confronted her about it. Not in the nicest way as I threw the ring at her and got a sore throat the next day from yelling, but all that was because it hurt me. I cried and cried, and I would even go to our special place every Friday, and I didn't know why. Then I realized, I couldn't let go. I realized no matter how much you hate someone, you still never stop loving them."

"H-how did you get over her? How did you get to where you are now?"

"I tried to get a new start. I moved here to England, I found this place and got an apartment. Then there came a day when I just felt like I could finally let her go...And I did. And I learned that a little part of you may have to die inside just for you to live again."

Joy nodded her head as everything Erik was saying touched her heart. "Why that day?" Joy asked. "Why did you suddenly feel like you could let her go?"

Erik stared into Joy's anxious eyes, waiting to know what he'd say.

"I fell in love again."

~~~~~
Fabian drove Nina to her apartment complex. Before they said their final goodnight, Fabian told Nina to wait before exiting the car.

"So, we're in this again," Fabian breathed.

"Yeah," Nina responded. "Sibuna."

"We haven't done this in a while. I bet it's gonna be really different."

"Yeah. With all of us older and independent now...but I'm sure it'll be fine."

Fabian smiled and looked over at Nina. "You know, honestly I never thought Sibuna would be a thing again. But here we are; Sibuna's alive and well."

Amber made fake coughs. That startled Fabian and Nina since they forgot she was in the back seat of the car.

"Hello, it's late, and I appreciate you guys' little conversation, but could we please hurry this up?"

"Yeah, sorry," Fabian grinned. "Goodnight, Nina." Fabian and Nina gave eachother a kiss.

Nina exited the car, and Fabian farewelled Amber as she got out the car as well. Nina and Amber grabbed Amber's luggage and toted it in the elevator, up to Nina's apartment.

~~~~~
"Sibuna! Can you believe it-Sibuna's back!" Alfie exclaimed to Willow once he got home.

"That's great, Alfie!"

"But I promise I won't slack off you nor little Wilfie."

"I know."

"Oh, this is so exciting!" Alfie jumped around in excitement.

"Alfie, I get that, but can I please go back to sleep?"

"Oh. Oh yeah."

Alfie turned out the lights and did a final little jump.

~~~~~
Here's yet another chapter. Not much happens here, but expect a lot very soon. Hope you're enjoying this so far, but for now, discussion questions!

Are you for or against Jerik?(Joy and Erik) I asked something like this before, and I remember most of you just want them to be friends, but this is just to see what you think now.

Actually, it's just one question, so...yeah.

Anyway, stay tuned for the next upload!