House of Threats/House of Emotion

Nina, Eddie, Fabian, and Patricia discovered that the evil that the Osirion and Chosen One were now facing came from the Egyptian god Apep. Apep was known as the "Lord of Chaos". Often times he was depicted as a serpent, the deification of darkness.

On Monday afternoon at Nina's place, the four of them were talking about it.

"Should we get Sibuna back together?" Nina asked.

"Sibuna hasn't reunited in years," Eddie responded. "The others have lives and families like us. Haven't any of you guys thought that maybe they're done with mysteries? Honestly, this should just be a Nina and me thing."

"And to add on to what Eddie's saying," Fabian chimed-in, "if we were to tell them anything, where would we go from there? The only source of information we're receiving right now is in you two's dreams."

"Patricia, who's side are you on?" Nina questioned.

"Please don't make me answer," Patricia sighed.

Nina growled. She rose to her feet. She went to the kitchen to get some water and hopefully wash her anger down. She knew this would turn out to be bigger than they'd ever known and that they would need help. She was about to enter the kitchen, but she saw something glow on the side of her cabinet. Words were carving themselves into the wood to tell her something. Nina waited till the glowing stopped and the words were revealed:

Get ready for your demise.

Nina was speechless. She knew that situations like these were no joke. And to be threatened with death?

Fabian came after Nina, following her still eyes to the carved words.

"Sibuna might be a good idea," Fabian suddenly declared.

~~~~~
Amber was at her lunch break from her fashion design job in New York when she received a call. She excused herself from her friend she was eating with and answered her phone.

"Hello?"

"Amber, hi. It's Fabian."

"Oh, hi Fabian. Haven't spoken to you in a while."

"Yeah, um...how soon can you get to England?"

"Why?"

"It's better I-we explain it to you face-to-face."

"Well, I get off for a long holiday in a week, but I didn't plan on coming to the UK-"

"-please, Amber."

Amber bit her bottom lip. She decided not to over-think it and just answered, "Ok. See you soon...Can I get back to my lunch now?"

"Yeah, of course."

They hung up, and Amber went back to her friend/co-worker.

~~~~~
Joy went back to the hospital. She'd received word that Jerome could be transported to the detective office infirmary considering he no longer needed extensive care. Joy was followed by the ambulance truck to the office, and Jerome was rolled into the infirmary. He was then placed on a bed. The infirmary was practically empty with about two other injured victims being investigated.

Jerome was asleep from serum given to him the night before to help him sleep through pain he was feeling. Joy received syringes and tubes for this, just in case he'd need them again. A monitor for his heart rate was hooked up to him. Joy sat on the side of the bed. She stared down at his face, his features practically exactly the way they were in college. Whenever she was around him, she wanted to be apathetic. She wanted to forget anything they ever had and see him as a stranger, but she couldn't. Every emotion she felt for him conflicted with one another, and she had no choice but to stay conflicted. Maybe if she just confronted Jerome with everything, she'd finally be relieved, but she wasn't ready for that. She wasn't even ready to have a decent conversation with him. All the time, she just wanted to be angry at him, and she was. But it wasn't only anger she felt for him...

"Why Jerome? Why must you torture me?" Joy whispered, brushing her hand against his resting face.

Joy slowly pulled her hand away and rose to her feet. Tears didn't swell up in her eyes not pour out. She needed to go work on something else to take her mind off Jerome before she did cry. She left the infirmary and headed to her office.

~~~~~
Here's the next chapter! Sorry for the long delay. I really wanted to get back to writing this story, but I had a busy vacation! Going out of town, having fun, eating nothing of nutritional value-it really deterred me from wattpad, but I've returned. Sorry if its short. I promise I'll have loads more chapters on the way. Anyway, discussion questions.

Do you think Sibuna should be assembled for this?

Hooray, Amber's here! (Not a question, but so worth saying)

Should Joy confront Jerome with the truth and all her feelings?

What could Joy possibly be feeling?