House of Unconsciousness/House of Ponds

"Why didn't she listen?" Fabian asked.

Eddie was already sat up against the counter, his head resting in his collar bone lifelessly. The others made sure they were still breathing. They just weren't waking up.

Nina was still unconscious, her head on the table, and Fabian didn't leave her side.

"We need to find out what happened," Fabian declared.

"How?" Joy questioned. "How do we do that when both of the people who actually have powers are the ones passed out? It was something in a vision. We have no way of knowing until they wake up."

"What made Eddie pass out?" Patricia wondered aloud.

"It's that freaky Osirion-Paragon connection," Alfie told her.

"How do we wake them up?" Amber chimed-in to the conversation.

"Wait it out?" Joy figured.

"W-wait it out?" Fabian repeated. "We don't know how long it'll take."

"Do you propose a better idea, Fabian?"

Fabian swallowed and didn't reply. Both Nina and Eddie had grown more pale since being unconscious. Other than breathing, they made no sign that they were alive. No sound, no sudden movement...

~~~~~

Later on in the day, Nina and Eddie were taken to their rooms and laid on their beds. Fabian planned on spending the night in Nina's room so that he'd be there if or when she woke up. The others occasionally checked up on them.

Patricia showed up, seeing Fabian sitting on the floor, leaning against Nina's bed.

"Anything?" she asked, coming in.

"Nothing. You?"

"No response from Eddie." Patricia sat down beside Fabian. "If Eddie doesn't wake up, I'm gonna kill him."

"Is that Patricia-speak for 'you can't bare to see him like this'?"

Patricia sighed.

"I understand," Fabian responded.

~~~~~

Jerome and Amber sat talking in Amber's room. Amber was sitting on her bed, looking through some of her fashion magazines as she spoke to Jerome who was sitting on the floor on the opposite side of the room. His cane was beside him.

"You have faith that Eddie and Nina will be all right, don't you?" Jerome asked.

"If there's anything Neens and Eddie does, it's not die," Amber stated matter-of-factly.

Amber eyed her magazine and tilted her head while squinting her eyes.

"What is it?" Jerome questioned.

Amber patted right beside her on her bed. Jerome slowly got up and picked up his cane as he came over and sat by Amber. Once he was there, Amber pointed to a teal satin dress with sequins at the collar and a break at the bottom.

"How does this dress look?"

"It looks fine. Why?"

"Because honestly, these sequins can be replaced with rhinestones and instead of this cut here, this dress with look real good with a high-low hem. It is in style anyway. But you know what Amber Millington says? 'If you want to see a certain dress, make it yourself.' And it could so have more colors."

Jerome smiled. "You love fashion, don't you?"

"I live for fashion." Amber nodded.

"Well, if I were a girl, I would totally wear your dresses."

Amber began laughing.

"I'm hurt. I was serious."

"I'm sorry," Amber couldn't stop laughing. She looked over at Jerome who was smiling at her. She stopped laughing and just smiled back.

Their little moment was interrupted by Alfie coming into the room.

"Am I interrupting something? Joy's outside and the others-you know where they are-so I was lonely."

Jerome shook his head. "No, no. You weren't interrupting anything."

"Cool." Alfie came in and squeezed between Jerome and Amber.

Jerome screamed on the inside.

~~~~~

"You wouldn't know what to do, would you?" Joy asked, rubbing the dog.

Erik was resting his head on Joy's lap.

"How do you save any unconscious person? I wish there was a way, but the only people who have a chance of doing it are the very ones unconscious."

Erik perked his head up and looked into the forest. He began to pout. Then he ran into the forest.

"Erik!" Joy stood to her feet. She looked back at the house and then ran after the dog.

She followed the sound of crunching twigs and leaves. Also, the dog would bark a few times. Joy didn't have her flashlight with her, so she spotted and dodged some trees and obstacles at the last second. She finally saw that the dog had stopped at the edge of a pond of murky water. His eyes looked out past it to the other side, and Joy followed his gaze. There were glowing red eyes, belonging to a creature hidden by the darkness. Joy heard bubbling in the water and looked down. There seemed to be something moving.

"Erik, take us back," Joy commanded. "Erik!"

The dog looked back at Joy and padded back the way they came. As Joy arrived back to the house, Fabian was opening the door to check on her. He spotted her and the dog approaching.

"Where've you been?" Fabian interrogated.

"Out," Joy said softly.

"Out there? You do know you shouldn't go out there without warning us first?" He let Joy inside and then closed the door.

"Erik ran off."

"Erik? You named the dog?"

"Not the point. Fabian, something is out in the woods. Something with glowing red eyes. And there's also a lake or pond of some sort. And I'm pretty sure something lives in there too."

"All the more reasons you shouldn't go out alone."

Fabian went back into Nina's room. Joy sighed and went into her own room. She collapsed onto her bed. She knew she'd have to go back into that forest. There're things out there that she had to investigate. She decided she'd go out when everyone was asleep.

~~~~~
Here is yet another chapter for all you lovely readers! It's still unknown what'll happen to Eddie and Nina, and Joy's becoming a bit adventurous. Maybe a bit too adventurous.

Should Joy go out and investigate by herself?