Chapter 6

Now, how should we start this chapter? My brain is dry of ideas. Well, it's not like I'm the one who is writing this story, I'm only a narrator. Still, I have a little bit of power to skip some part so let's do that, shall we?

You guys agreed with me? Good. Then let's move on to the dimmed back alley where JiU and JaeYoon were at.

No need to say anything, the man was kneeling on one knee while JiU was panting heavily in front of him, still standing, glaring down at the big man who kept laughing even after she beat him up a minute ago.

"I think he lost a few circuits inside his head. Look at him laughing after you beat him up like that. Is he enjoying this? Ugh..." Gahyeon commented with an invisible disgust on her face.

'No idea but he totally annoyed me.' JiU swung her leg at JaeYoon's jaws as he dramatically fell to the ground. Hah! Serve him right! I'd kill him if it was up to me.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!" She hopped up and down while holding her hurting kicking leg.  "What the hell? Are his bones made with brick or what?"

"No idea but he's knocked out cold now. I thought you want to ask some questions."

She glanced at the man for a while and turned around to leave the back alley. 'I wanted to but I can't stand the maniacal look he had on his face. Let the RAT do the interrogation, I guess.'

"Yup! Wise move. Did you get hurt anywhere by any chance?"

She lightly giggled. 'Nope! Thanks to you. Heehee."

"Ahem. Of course. It's me after all."

She smiled, imagining the spirit flipped her hair proudly. She wished she could see Gahyeon do that for real, not inside her body.  Even though it sounded impossible, she wondered if there is any way to get Gahyeon's body back.

"JiU, stop thinking about that. People who died can no longer come back to life. It is the law of life and death. I also don't know how long I can stay in this spirit form before I dissolve so enjoy our time together instead of thinking useless things like that."

Gahyeon never talked seriously like that so hearing those words from the spirit gave her a breeze of comfort and relief. 'Yes, Gahyeon unnie. I won't do that again.' She said playfully.

"What in the world are you saying? You never believed that I'm older than you anyway."  Gahyeon pouted.

She enjoyed the moment with a giggle while taking out the phone inside her gray blazer to call the headquarters.

She checked something first and smiled before she dialed the headquarters and wait for the call to be picked up as she proceeded to leave the back alley.

Right when her call got an answer, her arm was roughly grabbed from behind. She glanced to the back and saw JaeYoon grinning to his ears. This bastard was still up!? What a buffed freak indeed.

With no time to react, her arm was twisted to her back and her body was pushed against the wall with such force as JaeYoon pasted his body on her, slowly leaning his face towards hers.

"JiU! Push him off!"

When she tried to do what Gahyeon said, her arm cracked like a fresh cracker broke into two. "Ah..ahh!" Her teeth slammed on each other and her eyes reddening, getting wet.

"Oh~ that's right. Scream more. You have a nice scream. Next time scream harder...out of pleasure." JaeYoon tightened the hold on her, pressing her body more and more.

'This strength...the power of the Root...' She thought, pushing the wall as hard as she could to get off from JaeYoon.

"JiU! Hang on. I'll channel more energy!"