Chapter 34

Geoul straight up jumped from the top of the stairs, wall-run past the witch and landed in front of Yoohyeon. He huffed, facing the witch for the third time. 

"Sorry, lady, but you have to see my face again," he spoke while observing the enemy. He couldn't afford any missteps at that point. 

"You don't know how to give up, do you, man?" The witch's voice showed hostility towards him, mainly. 

"No, because I'm interested in you…" 

His statement made the others look at one another. Was he for real? They thought. 

"Or perhaps you would be interested in me," he added, further confusing Yoohyeon and the others. 

If people knew his story, they wouldn't be weirded out by his words. He merely wanted to grab the attention of the enemy. 

"Why should I? You are just a man through and through." 

Sounds quite harsh, even for Geoul but okay, he deserved it. 

Alas, that was a good question for him to reveal who he truly is. He closed his eyes, exhaled, and opened them again. Nothing changed, but the witch felt it. 

"You…" Her heart thumped faster. If she caught him, she would prove to be useful to the Society, more than the one she hated the most. Happiness would be brought down upon her master. 

"Yes, I am the vessel your master has been looking for. Now, choose, the children or me," he boldly said. 

"Geoul!" Yoohyeon grabbed his arm. "What are you saying!? We're fine so just kick her butt like you always did!" 

He smiled down at the tall woman, on the verge of tearing up. "It's alright, Yoohyeon. I only asked her to choose," he looked back at the witch, "doesn't mean I'll go with her without a fight." 

The witch chuckled, amused by his words. "You still hasn't given up–" 

A hand cupped her face, stopping her from talking. She then was dragged up the stairs to the second floor and got launched to the centre of the hallway. 

She was dumbfounded, touching her aching face that just got released. 'What was that? I didn't see him move at all…' 

He walked forward and stopped a few meters in front of her. He became expressionless. He was indeed not showing many emotions but at that moment, he was completely empty. 

"Now you have become a true vessel and that makes me curious, how do you still have emotions if your soul is no more?" 

'Who said I have emotions?" 

"Oh really now? Don't act cool with me like that. You are a soft boy, pfft."

He ignored the voice, continuing walking towards the enemy who had now changed back to her hideous form. That was also the reason he dragged the witch up here, to make sure he would truly defeat her. 

"I will not kill you but don't expect you won't be in a world full of pain!" Screamed the witch, shooting her hair at him. 

Stupid move. He adapted to that trick already. He inhaled through gritted teeth, looking calm. 

"30 seconds," he muttered and sidestepped the first one to the left, jumped above the second one, closing in, and ducked the last one, placing himself a meter in front of the opponent. 

He exhaled, bringing his palm to her guts and BAM! She got yeeted to the end of the hallway. He rushed in again and kneed her on the face, smashing the backside of her head on the wall as it cracked. 

"20 seconds." 

He gripped her face, one hand on the front and the other on the back. SNAP! He twisted her neck all the way around. The witch's head dangled as she fell to her knees, then to the floor. 

"10 seconds… Please be dead."

He cautiously looked down. She was not moving but the chuckle in his head killed his hope. That voice knew something he did not, ahead of him. 

The witch began twitching. 

"Time up… Darn it." He leapt to the back, panting. He could only enhance his body for 30 seconds so now he's just a normal human again. Well, a bit more than a normal human but still, in a pinch.

The witch got up in a straight motion like a plank. CRACK! Her head fixed into position in an instant. Her frizzy hair wiggled alive, ready to strike. 

He took a deep breath again before the voice interrupted him midway through. 

"Doing that again won't work. She's not even in her full power. She's a witch of a thousand years, I'm sure you at least figured that out, am I wrong?" 

'Is that you telling me to give up? I won't.'

"No. That is me telling you I will help. You survived well, human." 

'Why?' He simply asked. 

"Because I can't sit well while Baphomet is getting what he wants. I hate to see that."

'So, you're using me, huh?' Who in the hell are you anyway?' 

"Enough chit chat. Now seal her before she can go all out." 

'Seal? How do you expect me to–' His right hand felt like it was burned from the inside. 

"Gah!!!" He clutched his wrist as a symbol appeared on his palm as if it was carved by a burning metal heat stamp. 

He was shocked by the pattern. It's similar to the Baphomet logo but it looks more complicated and inside the circular symbol, there was a snake's head on it instead of a goat's head. 

"You–" 

"That won't last forever, so don't waste it." 

He delayed the question in his mind and dashed forward. Further and further, he almost reached the witch's head and when she was in range, he clenched his fist. 

He grabbed nothing. The witch turned to dust and piled up on the floor. The mist in the hallway was also gone. The air became fresh as if nothing ever happened. 

He looked around. Nothing weird. I wanted to say he messed up but that wasn't the case. It was one of the witch's tricks. 

"Where did she go?" 

"Hmm, she's gone. She's more cautious than I thought." 

Before he could latch his frustration out, Yoohyeon ran up to him. 

"Geoul! The kids… They disappeared…" 

Cut! Let us all wish for Gahyeon's recovery and also for their safety. Thank you for reading. Dream out.