Chapter 26

"Kim SuA. Why are you still here? You got off earlier than me." 

As she heard her name had been called, she closed her eyes, sighing before turning around. Exiting through the front gate of the University Law was her rival. 

"May I help you with something, Park Subin? I need to attend my part-time job so I don't have much time to waste," she directly told the stoic-looking woman. 

"Talking to me is a waste of time, I see." Subin crossed her arms. 

"That's...not what I meant." 

"I'm joking, don't be all tense like that. Anyway, congratulations on winning the mock trial. I just want to let you know that I won't lose next time." 

SuA smiled but not the wide one, just enough for Subin to notice. Rival as they were, it was all a friendly competition. At the end of the day, they are the one who upholds the law and punishes the devils. 

"I don't doubt that by how you almost got me earlier. Alas, don't ever think I will let you beat me though." 

"Never. I know, the two of us have our pride hung high. Very high." 

They exchanged scoffs with one another. Subin then looked around for a bit before focussing on SuA again. 

"Are you waiting for someone? Aren't you in a hurry to get to your part-time job?" 

Silent got out of her slightly opened mouth as she hesitated to answer. "N-Not really. I'm going–" 

"Kim Bora." 

She whipped her head at the voice and saw Geoul casually walking towards her. She seriously thought he wouldn't come and was about to leave before Subin came, which was a good thing. 

Or else, Geoul would've wasted his time coming here while she's already gone. Even though it would be great if that happened, don't you think so?

Subin smirked at her. "You indeed were waiting for someone, I see. He calls you by your birth name too." 

"You're right, I'll teach him a lesson later. Also, whatever you're thinking, it's wrong. He's my brother, Jun." she said, glaring at him because of how he called her. 

"Ah, your brother." Subin bowed her head towards his direction and was returned with a similar greeting gesture. "I figured all your family are small like you but I guess I was wrong." 

'Was that a joke?' he asked himself since Subin's expression appeared indifferent. 

SuA shot her rival a death glare, making the taller woman retreat by raising her hands, signalling her surrender. 

"Well then, I will excuse myself. Nice to meet you, Jun-ssi. Have a safe trip home." Subin smiled at them and proceeded to leave in the opposite direction. 

"You too," SuA simply replied as she and Geoul silently watched the soon-to-be lawyer getting further away second by second. 

Geoul glanced at his sister while taking a deep breath. He was still nervous around her for some reason and he will change that. That's why he was there picking her up despite driving nothing but his legs. A broke guy through and through. 

"Uh, sorry I'm late. I forgot to ask Minji where you study." 

He felt so relieved when SuA smiled at him. "It's okay. Shall we go?" 

He frantically nodded. "Yeah, sure." He let her walk first and followed beside her.

|

The breeze that evening was but the wind in calm meditation. It played with their hair, giving it the same buoyant wave as the river so close by under the wooden bridge they walked on.