Chapter 23

The clash between Geoul and the spider lady begins now. As a narrator, I know who would win but I still gotta do my job. I'm getting paid after all though not that much and I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. 

The rain already stopped yet the grey clouds above were still swirling and lightning kept rumbling, flashing the earth of its presence. 

He didn't know how long this power would last hence he got to end the fight as quickly as possible. Aranea's healing ability might prove to be difficult to deal with as she was now standing up, fixing her dislocated jaws. 

"You're not supposed to have that kind of power. You're an empty vessel ready to be filled with Lord Baphomet's soul!" the woman jested. 

"I also don't know why I have this power. Mayhaps Minji is truly special after all, more than what you guys think." 

"If that's the case, it's more of a reason to take her with me. Her power belongs to Master SungHa. He will use it for— ACK!" 

He just kicked the top of her knee thus bending it to a cringe-worthy angle. 

"Tell that master of yours that I will come for his life just like how he snatched my parents', but then again, you won't leave this place alive to deliver the message."

White steam exhaled out his mouth as he uppercut Aranea straight to her chin, forcing her saliva out to the air. He followed it up by cupping her face and pulled her head on the floor. 

BAM

Not once but multiple times until the opponent's eyes rolled to the back.

"H-How can a dying man have that much strength?" Chan's question went to no one specific. The younger was awestruck by the fight. "JiU sunbae…just who is he?" 

Everyone who hadn't yet known who Geoul truly was waited for her answer. 

"You guys heard Aranea, he is just an empty vessel," she said and smiled, "who happens to hate the same enemies we're fighting against." 

"Yah, stop covering it with those cool words. Just say he's your man, end of the story." As always, the spirit joked inside her head. 

JiU's reply was kinda blurry to the others but they accepted it as it was. They've seen enough bizarre stuff to not question it all too much at the same time. Their brain would kill itself if they did. 

"In other words, that man is the main character of this story," Handong said and gave JiU a smirk while wiggling her eyebrows. "While Kim JiU here is the female lead." 

"Yah! Shut up, Dongie." She crouched and covered her friend's mouth. 

Anyway, I'm clueless about how Handong knew so let's change the scene before she reveals too many unnecessary spoilers.