Chapter 35

"The Witch!?" Both Director Kim and Jinae's eyes widened. "And she captured the kids?" the older man asked for confirmation, wishing that it wasn't true. 

"I'm sorry… I should have been more attentive to this matter." Geoul bowed 90 degrees, totally taking the blame. 

"Yah, it's not your fault." Yoohyeon, who was also in the office, stood up.  "You were fighting with someone weird. Don't beat yourself too hard over this." 

He glanced at her. "That's why this private organisation was established, right? To fend off against something unnatural." 

She couldn't argue with that so Director Kim took over. He knew Geoul wouldn't go easy on himself anytime soon. The best he could do was cut this report short. 

"We need you in your best possible condition, Geoul, so please take it easy and clear your mind. The others are on the way back so we will conduct a meeting."

"I understand, Sir. I'll… take a quick breather. I will be in when the meeting starts." He bowed at the Director and the Instructor before he left the room. 

Looking at his expression, I feel kinda bad. That pedo Witch, as someone said, better keep her creepy ass away from the children or else she would eat shit. 

When Geoul left, Jinae pulled Yoohyeon down and hugged her from the side, rubbing their cheeks together. That earned a cute whining from her daughter. 

"Mom! What is wrong with you!?" She tried to pull away from her mom. She failed. "You will hurt your injuries again!" 

"No, I won't. I just miss my daughters when they were a kid, getting a smooch by me all day long and night. Now, both of you are grown up and matured." 

She stopped struggling, looking into her mom's eyes. 

"I'm proud of you, honey. I promise that we will save the children." 

Her head flopped on her mom's shoulder as she hugged the older woman. "I know. Thank you, mom." 

Director Kim watched his wife and daughter, determined to go all out for this one since it involved other people's lives. They couldn't afford any failure and Baphomet should never obtain what they wanted.

Enough fresh air from the rooftop, Geoul climbed up to the dormitory floor and knocked on the room where Yuna was currently placed in. He thought the girl might hate him but he also couldn't leave her alone in a time like this. 

"Yuna? It's me. Are you in there?" 

The door clicked and was left alone just like that with no other follow up action. He took a deep breath, pushed the door and walked inside the room. 

One small figure was sitting on the bed, not looking at him. The sadness in her eyes was visible and he could see a tooth mark on her lower lip. In fact, she was biting it at that moment. 

He dragged the nearby chair and sat down at the end of the bed, facing the girl. 

"Umm, should I ask if you're okay or not? I'm not good at this, just so you know." 

Yuna finally made eye contact with him. "You don't ask something you already know… idiot." Her last word came out in a low mumble. 

"Right… Sorry." He clasped his lips, embarrassed of himself. 

"You don't have to bother with me if you don't have anything to say," she said, bringing her knees to her chin. 

"Yeah, I don't have anything to say but I do have something to tell you." He leaned forward, staring straight into the girl's glistening eyes. "I am sorry. I failed to protect your friends."