Chapter 22

"JiU! Yah, wake up! Get a hold of yourself!"

JiU's eyes fluttered open. The cloudy sky came as blurry at first before it gradually cleared up. The soft pitter-patter of the rain tapped her face, washing away all of the wet wounds she obtained from the fight. 

"Is that you, Gahyeon? And it's…raining?" She reached her hand towards the sky, feeling weak still. 

"Yes, it's me. Can you get up? This is no time to sleep, you have a fight to win, remember?" 

She gasped out of her trippy state and quickly turned around and pushed herself up to her knees. Her breath was as heavy as her movements. Her eyes darted around wild, checking on the others. 

Jinae, Ayoung, and all her teammates were still standing while fending off against the enemy. Their conditions weren't that much different from hers. They were losing the fight and weakened. 

Facing them was Aranea, flashing a grin as if they were her playthings. I would've slapped her face if I was there but for now, someone should do it in my place cos I'm not allowed to break the 4th wall, you know.

Her mother saw her struggling to get up and pulled her arm. "Did you have a sweet dream, sweetie?" Jinae might sound cheerful but JiU knew what the older one truly felt and the same for the others. 

They all were in a cage trapped with a starving alligator and death awaited.

"How long have I been knocked out?" 

"I'd say almost 30 minutes," the team leader replied. "Sorry that we aren't done yet even after you woke up. That hoe is as tough as a piece of lego." 

"If not for Handong's ability, we are dead without putting up a fight," said the striker of the team, Sowon as she looked at her Chinese friend.

"Dongdong…" 

"Don't look at me like that, JiU. I'm fine, this is nothing." A cocky smile adorned her face before her nose started bleeding again, just in time to cut her cool act shorter. She wiped the blood awkwardly. 

"I can't believe we lost even though we outnumbered her. She barely has any scratches," Chan took the chance to complain while standing in a stance beside Sehyoon. 

The other man had a serious look on his face. Focusing on an enemy is his speciality after all. Despite that, he also knew it was hard to win this time. 

"Her healing ability is a pain but we can't fall here. If we do, no one can go against Baphomet." Sehyoon tried to encourage the others. Fighting till they hit the floor was the only option anyway. 

"Huhuhu, struggle all you guys want, it will change nothing. White Lotus will be ours and you annoying flies will go to hell," Aranea proudly stated and eyed Handong for a bit. 

"Too bad but at least we managed to annoy her. That's enough for me," the instructor joked amidst the critical situation. 

"Though I must say, your ability is interesting." Aranea wrapped Handong with her strings and pulled it. Before she could pull closer, her movement became restricted. 

POW 

A baton crashed on her head. "Did you test her or what?" Ayoung asked, annoyed. 

No blood, only a bruise and it healed almost instantly. 

"Don't even dream of taking her. She's my teammate." Sowon took the moment to free Handong from the strings.