Chapter 16

CRASH

The ceiling broke upon making contact with Geoul's back as he was thrown by the spiderly creature like a ball. Ouch.

He coughed, trying to pry the web choking his neck but it was too thick and sturdy. It barely loosened up even a little bit.

No chance of standing up, the creature whipped its head to the side thus controlling the web and slammed him on the wall.

His arm instantly became numb and his head began ringing loudly.

"...oul... you... kay?"

The words barely made it to his ears but he knew who was talking. It was JiU and now the creature had its attention to her.

'Darn it... With the commotion here I won't be surprised if the creatures on the second floor rushed down.'

He pushed himself up to his feet, panting while pulling off the web from his neck. The creature had severed its control over the web so it became easy to get it off.

He looked at JiU and got a small nod from her. She was in danger and that put him in a highly worried state however, they trust each other.

The creature hissed loudly and lunged at her, clawing straight to her neck.

She simply dodged by tilting her body to the back before she made a 270 degrees spin and back kicked the spider-man wannabe on the face.

"Headshot. Niceuuu~" cooed the spirit who lent her the power to do so.

It violently thrashed on the floor like an upside-down bug. After a while, it got back up on its feet and growled while rubbing its nose, where a yellowish gooey substance dripped out.

Very disgusting, eww.

Geoul ran, grabbing the sharp piece of the broken ceiling and jumped on the creature's back, smashing it against the floor. He held it down on the spot as he grabbed its hairless head.

He brought the sharp piece to its neck but he stopped midway. He couldn't do it while having the thought that the creature might be a human at some point or perhaps it still is a human.

The loud steps getting closer from the stairs broke his thought, looking in the direction of the sound.

"They're coming down. This is bad." JiU said and gulped hard.

"Darn it!"

He clutched the piece till his hand bleed and buried it inside the creature's neck. It screeched loudly as he pushed deeper and twisted it, ending the screech entirely.

She got away from the stairs to his side and ready to engage as she looked at him, pulling out the sharp piece from the creature's neck.

"Is your hand okay?"

"Yeah, it's nothing. Shouldn't we just run?" he asked, staring at all the creatures coming down one after one.

"It's impossible. They will outrun us in a matter of seconds," she said and took off the cast on her broken arm.

She stated fact so he silently agreed. Like it or not, they had to fight because running away would be a waste of time and energy that better be used for something more efficient.

He discarded the sharp piece to the ground and got into a fighting stance.

"Screw it, let's do this. Be careful, Minji. Don't overdo it."

"Right back at you, Geoul."

They took a deep breath and marched forward, facing the enemies head-on.