Chapter 2

Geoul was still not familiar with the big city he just stepped foot in called Seoul, but he manages to reach the bustling streets after walking around for some time.

The view and atmosphere feel way more different than the former destroyed town he lived in, Ilmol, but it was in a good way.

It feels fresh and lively.

When the time to cross the road comes, a feminine voice calls him from behind.

He turns around and sees JiU running towards him as her purple hair sways on her shoulders.

"Pinky? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you go back with your friends?" He moves to the side not to block other people's way.

She regains her breath, moving her hands behind her back. "Dongie said they will handle things there and asked me to catch up to you."

JiU slowly walks along the side road as he automatically follows. "She's worried you might get lost into some weird streets." 

"I see. That's nice of her." He then glances down, admiring her side profile. "What about you?"

JiU's eyebrows curves, looking at him before he immediately averted his gaze away. "Me? What about me?"

"Would you still chase after me if Dongie didn't tell you to?" He asks.

That question unknowingly turns up the gear of her heart. 'What is up with him today?'

He leans down to her ear for a bit. "So, would you?"

His voice startles her as she flinches to the side. "Y-y-yes! I would!" JiU abruptly answers out of shock.

Silent takes over for a few seconds before he snorted and it follows by JiU, scoffing at the atmosphere they have created.

It feels awkward for no reason and looking back five years ago, they never had this kind of awkward moment.

All they did was bickering.

"Why are we like this?" JiU giggles.

He raises his hands, level with his shoulders. "Don't ask me. I'm trying hard here, to talk more."

He continues following her without any idea of where they were headed. He puts his whole trust on her given that he himself didn't know the area that well yet.

They separated themselves from the busy area of the city and now getting into a quieter part of the streets, more to his liking.

Under one of the street lights illuminating the road, JiU stops and faces him. "I'm sorry."

He stands straight, pulling down the hoodie on his head. "What for? Why so sudden?"

"It's not sudden. I should've apologized the moment I first saw you!" Her voice gets louder as she feels frustrated by herself.

"Like I said, for what?"

"Because I left you alone that night! Because I was weak!" JiU shouts.

"We were supposed to fight them together but in the end..." She clenches the clothes on his arms.

"You were alone while I was safely brought away to someplace safe!" She shouts again, gripping his sleeves even tighter.

JiU knows that he blames himself that causes Ilmol to be destroyed.

If he acts faster for even a second, he would have saved the town and she blames herself for not being on his side at that time.

"I...want to carry that guilt together with you." She looks at him with reddening eyes.