Chapter 19

The sky was lit up by lightning and thunder shook the air as Geoul flinched. His action proved that he is a scaredy-cat. Alas, we all know that so no surprise there.

The enemy was still staring at her own hand, quite baffled by his reflex of defence. One question popped out inside her head, 'Is he an easy opponent or a difficult one?'

Her objective here was completed and the people who came after her conveniently someone that Baphomet was looking for. She could take them but it wasn't going to be a simple task.

She's kinda knowledgeable about the Key, White Lotus but as for the vessel, she didn't have any idea what he's capable of and how dangerous he could be since someone who has become a vessel isn't supposed to move anymore.

"You, how come you're still able to move around? Your body should be empty now, waiting to receive Lord Baphomet's revival," she asked as she couldn't hold in her curiosity.

"Heh, I told you I'm built different." He showed off, wiping his nose with his thumb to look cool. As if, tsk.

"Just tell the truth, you don't know, don't you?" JiU remarked, causing him to cough up his embarrassment.

It appeared JiU was done releasing the instructor from the cocoon as they walked towards him while the oldest adjusted all her sore muscles. Doesn't look like the cocoon injured her so it was a relief.

"Are you done exposing me?" He jokingly pouted, hands inside his pockets as JiU just giggled and patted his back in a consoling manner.

He leaned to her ear in a bit and asked, "Where's Gahyeon?"

"She's in sleep mode when she's channelling her power to me."

He nodded understand and didn't move back right away but instead, her scents pulled him closer before he forcefully got separated from her by Jinae.

The woman now stood between them, looking at him with the deep inspection. "It's working time," she stated.

He reflexively cleared his throat and replied firmly, "Yes ma'am."

JiU failed to hold in her laugh as he chuckled and shut up immediately when Jinae glared at her.

"Alright! Now that I'm free, it's payback time—"

Aranea was already in front of her with her hand inches away from her. Her nails were longer and sharper, directing at her throat. One slice and she would be dead.

Jinae stepped back with her right leg and grabbed the attacker's hand as she circled forward with her right leg. She followed it up by circling back with her left leg and brought the attacker's hand in front all the while performing an outside wrist twist.

Then, with full strength, she slammed Aranea to the hard concrete ground as something cracked instantly but no idea which bones those were but it's a freaking terrifying sound.

Her actions caused his jaws to drop. 'That was a hella fast reflex and was it hapkido move or what? Sounds painful tho.' She looked at JiU and got a shrug. Seemed like she knew the instructor all too well.

"Yah, do I look easy to you? I was caught off guard the first time you got me, that's all."

Instructor Jinae fixed her standing and slowly walked to the woman who was getting up from the ground. Aranea's wrist was broken and her spines hurt like hell.

She's physically stronger than human but Jinae's throw was so strong that it went beyond her defence. From her point of view, it's unbelievable.

"You know we are always on your tail, don't you? And you think we do that just on impulse and with no preparation whatsoever? You underestimate us and that pissed me off."